Waldport KOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

Does anyone know the frequencies for Waldport KOA campground? I know they use RETEVIS walkies. I will be staying there this summer.

I know out here in Calif.
The KOA campground in Santa Paula used MURS band radios. I found green dot channel, 154.6 I believe was the channel they used.
You can find all 5 murs frequency in the RR reference page.
Good luck.

DW
So. Cal

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Same thoughts here -- probably MURS or FRS / GMRS. If you have Close Call on your scanner, might be worth a try, too. Oh, and enjoy Waldport and the coast!

dwhit29689

I've been trying for some weeks to get the freq of a campground. We stay in it six months a year you'd think it'd be simple to scan and catch 'em. But no. They use Retevis VHF units. I scan all GMRS/FRS/MURS/BUS...120 channels and not a peep from six radios in weeks. The subordinate workers have radios but are not familiar with them. I'm stumped.

Last edited:
DW 29689. Could they be using the 800 mhz band? I have seen small HTs @ 800mhz for sale in sporting good store. Used for hiking or camping. Just a shot in the dark.

DW
So. Cal

kf8yk

There is a good possibility the KOA just bought those radios online and they are (illegally) running on the factory default frequencies.

Here’s a list of default Retevis frequencies:

Other brands are listed here:

ki7fk

As I recall, "Close Call" does not work with DMR signals. I do not know, but I suspect they may be using DMR radios since Retevis does make a variety of radios with that mode. Good luck with your continued sleuthing!

dwhit29689

All good information. Thank You. I added the sixteen 2meter freqs to my scan list. The Retevis radios used here have the longer 2M rubber antennas. The higher freqs would be using the shorter ones. Meantime I've found Amazon warehouse, two hdwe stores. On weekends I get several kids playing with FRS in this park. I'm mainly interested in the workers here as there's plenty of action on weekends, as there was on Memorial weekend. I think the campers being tossed out by the Sheriff would be most interesting. Thanks for the help all.

Status
Not open for further replies.