• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

walkie-talkie interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there
i hope you are all staying safe and healthy

actually I hope could find some one help me with dealing with walkie-talkie interference, Here in my country, we need a license to use any RF Frequency band, so if we want to create eight group of users, we need to issue eight different RF frequency licenses for each group so it is very cost, rather than I think to issue license for only two or three RF channels then configure these channels in our all walkie-talkies, then the walkie-talkie always check if there is a free channel among these configured channels in its memory. Can I find this function through any of walkie-talkie models available in market, if yes please suggest me this model, and could you tell me what is the scientific name or commercial name of this function.

thanks

Reconrider

That sounds like the worst to not be able to use walkie talkies.

I would just download a walkie talkie app on your phone, like zello and use that.

thanks for your reply
this app it requires WiFi or cellular data network, anyway I prefer using walkie-talkie for many reasons, will this function available in walkie-talkies?

nd5y

two or three RF channels then configure these channels in our all walkie-talkies, then the walkie-talkie always check if there is a free channel among these configured channels in its memory. Can I find this function through any of walkie-talkie models available in market,
I have never heard of that. Scanning can find an active channel not a free one. As far as I know nobody makes a radio that does anything like that.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
What country? I would think that there is some service that is license-free. Whether it be for children's toys or CB or otherwise.

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
I have never heard of that. Scanning can find an active channel not a free one. As far as I know nobody makes a radio that does anything like that.

Functionally, he's describing a trunked system but the frequency selection/allocation is handled by the infrastructure rather than the subscriber units.

bharvey2

It seems like Motorola's DTR series radios might fit the bill if 900mhz and FHSS and viable options in his location.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yep, that is why I was asking for their location. The DTR/DLR series radios are very cool and can have way more users on the available spectrum without interfering with each other. Just bought a few to mess around with and I'm surprised at the range, given that they are only 1 Watt.

Reconrider

Yep, that is why I was asking for their location. The DTR/DLR series radios are very cool and can have way more users on the available spectrum without interfering with each other. Just bought a few to mess around with and I'm surprised at the range, given that they are only 1 Watt.
What do you get for range? What kind of landscape was your testing ground

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
We used them briefly today and were able to communicate solidly within a one mile radius and they worked great. Mostly wooded (pine trees). I just got them, so I haven't had the opportunity to do any extensive range tests. We tried two DTR700s, two DTR650s and two DLR radios and they all worked great.

bharvey2

I've heard good review about this radios but have never tried them. Many moon ago, the wife and I had a cordless phone that was 900mhz DSS. I could walk a block or two away and still get good reception with the base. It was, by far, the best cordless phone we have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.