Walla Walla Drag Strip, Renegade Raceway, and Bremerton Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairball98498

I live in Tacoma, but travel around the state every weekend to drag races, so I'm always scanning as I drive. Since the State Patrol went digital, I sold my handheld scanner and now just use the Scanner Pro cell phone app, and hear WSP all over the state! I use my Baofeng 2-way FM Transceiver to monitor different county sherrif and local police agencies.

I have a question/need: I'm the track photographer at THREE race tracks in Washington State. Walla Walla Drag Strip, Renegade Raceway, and Bremerton Raceway (although I hit Bremerton about half as often as I should these days). All the track staff at these tracks agree it would be a huge asset for me to be on their radio frequency and have the ability to communicate with them since I often see stuff through my camera that they don't see with the naked eye. I also stand VERY close to the starting line, and often notice something about a car that might require immediate attention or stopping the driver. There are countless reasons it would be a great idea have the ability to communicate with the track staff. However, I only have the frequency for Renegade, because the guy in charge of the radios gave it to me. I can NOT seem to find out the frequencies for Walla Walla or Bremerton. The track staff thinks it would be great for me to be on their channel with my 2-way radio, but nobody at either track has any idea of the frequency their radios are on! It seems their radios were programmed years ago by previous owners or managers, and nobody has ever touched them. I can use my Baofeng to scan, but that's about it. Scanning is VERY time-consuming, and almost worthless because they don't talk a lot.

Does ANYONE have any idea of the 2-way radio frequencies in use at Bremerton Raceway and/or Walla Walla Drag Strip? This is very important to me! NOT the "FM radio broadcast frequency" for the public to hear, but the 2-way portable radios they use.

Thank you SO much if anyone can help me here! I do know ONE thing: both tracks use Kenwood UHF radios, not VHF. I did pick up the track staff at Walla Walla by scanning one day, but on that same frequency I got continuous repeater feedback, which they said they don't hear.

No, I'm not some goofball who wants to eavesdrop or chit chat. My ability to communicate with the track staff could mean a lot in a life-or-death situation! This is VERY important to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.