Wallingford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug98310

Hey all,
I have not heard Wallingford fire in a while on 154.220 did they change frequencies or did i miss something??
Doug

pro961

They stopped simulcasting awhile ago. Now strictly on the new system.

MarkB513

The repeater is still active for mutual aid, I've heard neighboring town's equipment responding into Wallingford on it recently. I only wish they would simulcast the trunk dispatch talk group at the least. Towards the end of it (during the trunk switch over) the audio was so low it wasn't worth listening to at all.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
How are they dispatching the two volunteer companies? Unication trunked pagers?

RadioFreq

Premium Subscriber

MarkB513

Wallingford the past two days is back to simulcasting the dispatch TG at an extremely low audio level on 154.220. Even though I monitor the trunk system, I kept it in to hear the mutual aid response. Now the scanner is randomly stopping on it and I can't hear anything so I guess I'll be locking it out again to ensure it hits the TG. Don't know the technical reason, but sure which they could turn up the volume on it from the trunk system since I monitor it for the fire only.

MarkB513

65518 Is not a permanent talk group. It's dynamically assigned.

Read here:

Dynamic Talk Groups

Just a side not on the dynamically assigned talk groups on Wallingford's system in case anyone's interested. I monitor their system in search mode from Cheshire with the talk groups I don't want to monitor locked out. Routinely during the evening (which is when I'm home from work monitoring) there is a Durham fire unit that is almost always dynamically avilliated with the system and therefore I can usually hear Valley Shore dispatch and Durham fire/EMS operations nightly. I believe this is the case with Middletown's system as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.