Wallingford P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was doing some mobile monitoring today and got to a location where I was able to get a lot of trunked systems/sites and found a new one in the mix. No traffic, just the following info:
Network: BEE00.9EF
Site: 1.1 NAC=9E1
851.48750 SCC
851.55000 CC
851.96250 SCC
852.05000 SCC

License for Wallingford, WRBS636, matches the frequencies and indicates a 5 site simulcast system.

chris

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I spoke with a friend in Wallingford who knows a few people in the local government and they said the new TRS will eventually replace the mix of 800, Vhf-hi and UHF currently in use by PD, Fire, Public Works, etc.

leadjammer

Can't pick up Wallingford here in Hamden even with outside antenna/ Something blocking the signal and I don't think they broadcast with much power. Even had trouble picking them up in North Haven with my handheld.

900mhz

Wallingford replaced several towers with taller monopoles. I noticed this at the Cook Hill FD and the PD building on North Main St. On their existing system, I have no issues receiving them in Hamden, and receive them mobile down to the shoreline with zero issues. They will be adding a new simulcast site on the east side on an old AT&T microwave tower off Youngs Apple Orchard Rd in Northford, a stones throw from the Wallingford town line. It should definitely fill in some dead spots.

leadjammer

I'm over by WELI and can't pick up the PD at all on four scanners. FD comes in okay. PD signal is being blocked by something around here or the signal just isn't getting to me for some strange reason.

900mhz

I'm over by WELI and can't pick up the PD at all on four scanners. FD comes in okay. PD signal is being blocked by something around here or the signal just isn't getting to me for some strange reason.
You might have the hill on Benham St where Sacred Heart is located along with Sleeping Giant working against you, especially if you are down low near Lane Street.

pro961

I'm in the opposite boat. I live in Wallingford and can barely hear Hamden due to Sleeping giant. HPD's main Transmitter is on Sacred Heart. When Wallingford's new system comes online we'll have to see if coverage changes.

900mhz

I'm in the opposite boat. I live in Wallingford and can barely hear Hamden due to Sleeping giant. HPD's main Transmitter is on Sacred Heart. When Wallingford's new system comes online we'll have to see if coverage changes.
Im fortunate to be in an area in Northern Hamden with some elevation. I have no issues with Wallingford, or even better Northwards. I hear ton of stuff to the north. No issues hearing Hartford's EDACS system and more North. I also hear Suffolk County in Long Island on the their 800 Mhz Smartnet System. But, I have designed some stuff to perform properly...using 1/2" heliax for my 700/800 MHz stuff. I have 7/8", but it doesnt bend as well as half inch.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Update on Wallingford this morning I did program it as a phase 2 system and a talkgroup of 101 came up in the clear they are using a phase 2 system I am not confirming that it was the police department I will submit that to reference as possible testing or possible a police talk group Anyone else in the area that’s able to pick it up please let me know I just happen to be driving on 91 in that area I do not live there I’m in the BRISTOL area thank you

CentracomGold

Premium Subscriber
Even atop East Rock, not hearing anything from Wallingford (PD) same for West Rock but the FD comes in clear

leadjammer

Glad I'm not the only one. Frustrating but their signal is blocked in this direction. Its been that way for years. I was in North Haven with my handheld and was almost at the Wallingford/North Haven line before I started picking them up.

RF-Sponge

And, another department building out their own system when there is a perfectly good system already in place all around them!

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Since the talkgroup is 101 for the PD what’s the talkgroup for fire if you’re saying they’re in the clearAnd are they still using their VHF channels I know the PD is still using their 800 channel

900mhz

Heard activity on Talkgroup 206 about 30 minutes or so ago. Testing sounded consistent with fire apparatus. My guess is TG1XX will be PD, TG2XX will be for the FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.