Wallingford P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
You might have the hill on Benham St where Sacred Heart is located along with Sleeping Giant working against you, especially if you are down low near Lane Street.
the new system is only 20 watts and the map shows a radius of 5 miles. So I wouldn't expect too much.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t monitored much as I used to. I have an analog trunking scanner so when I heard they switched over it didn’t get me excited to turn it back on.
BUT I decided to turn it on today while I had a bunch of errands to run. I only monitor FD’s around the area. Wallingford FD is still broadcasting in the VHF channel. Not sure how long it wall last. They are still a combination department. Will the volunteers switch to the indication G4/5 series pagers? Or will they continue to simulcast on VHF, or text (cell phone) paging?

RESQ766

FD up and running on the new system TG 201
Wallingford FD is not using the new TRS yet. Currently they have a voter that is simulcasting the conventional FD channels with the new FD talkgroups. That is why the transmissions don't have any RIDs.

pro961

HMMMM I heard a FD Disp this morning on the new system with TG 201. I have not heard anything on the old system all day
What do you mean a voter simulcasting. A voter is a piece of equipment that listens to multiple receivers, determines the best audio and sends it down to the console and to the transmitter on a repeater system.

WoodburyMan

For those of you unaware they have been patching Wallingford's P25 system with CLMRN, pushing their Police Ops Talkgroup to random TG's on CLMRN. They are patching through CLMRN Site 29 Troop I Simulcast. You can see Wallingford's System ID and CC in my DSDPlus log...

cg

Premium Subscriber
It isn't something that can be monitored reliably by scanners. I have logged 41 different temporary talkgroups for the one Wallingford PD group.

pro961

I can now hear Wallingford in Hamden on Benham St. Can you hear them now.

900mhz

The differences between the old and new system are taller replacement towers at the Cook Hill site (25 feet taller) and at Police headquarters (20 feet taller). But, looking at some topography maps, I would not be at all surprised if you are receiving the site in Northford at the Wallingford line. Its on an old AT&T microwave tower and has not much in the way of obstructions out your way.

900mhz

Control channel is 851.5500. I live in the northern end of town, not too far from Cheshire and Bethany. Their signal is very strong, like a -60 dBm on my SDS on my north antenna. I get them about -70 dBm on my south antenna I use for Suffolk County NY Pd.

pro961

I was on Benham going toward Dixwell just past mix. I have a crummy wire antenna tucked in headliner. You should hear them with an outside antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.