Wallington Fire UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

So as we all know, Wallington Fire has switched over to a new UHF system. Dispatch on a repeater, FireTac on simplex... both 501.8625. Interior is 505.0625. The only problem I've run into is that I was provided a DPL of 67 by WFD. No where can I find a DPL of 67. Any idea if this is maybe a "DPL Code" for an actual DPL, similar to YZ is code for PL 82.5??

onsceno

Yeah, I've looked into that already. It specifically says a DPL, which is why I looked around for a DPL "code" for 67 similar to how the PL "codes" are like I listed. Just seems very strange...

jvdet

BTW, what type of radios are they using?
during the last few years they have been heard on the county trunk system for things like Ny/NJ parades ; they have a radio asign to them from the county on a permenet basis (or is it just the MAC in south bergen?)

W2MR

1- 501.8625/RPTR DPL331 (DISPATCH)
2- 501.8625/SIMPLEX DPL331 (TAC)
3- 505.0625/SIMPLEX Carrier (INTERIOR)

Last edited:

KC2zZe

2- 501.8625/SIMPLEX DPL331 (TAC)
3- 505.0625/SIMPLEX Carrier (INTERIOR)
I hope not to push this topic too far OT, but I've seen this term tossed about more frequently lately. Can someone define "Interior" for me please? When would someone switch to it? Is the firefighter on the roof cutting inspection holes on the "Interior" channel? Is the outside vent firefighter 'opening' windows in advance of the hose team inside on the "Interior" channel? Or would both of these guys be on Tac and hope that someone is relaying messages back and forth between the "Interior" guys and the "Exterior" guys. And please don't tell me that has something to do interior qualified firefighters operating on "Interior." What do exterior qualified firefighters use to stay aware of what's going on and let members inside know of important things (i.e.: "Gas is shut off at the meter...")? My guess is that a radio technician wanted something more jazzy then "Fireground" on the portable radio screen and concocted this new term to designate a channel with.

Last edited:

KC2zZe

Okay, I've researched this and found the source of the term "Interior." It's the National Fire Protection Association. They divide up the fireground into "Interior" and "Exterior" sectors with those in, on, and around the fire building considered to be operating in the "Interior" sector (regardless of the type of firefighter) and those firefighters (again, regardless of type) not in, on, or around the building (i.e.: fire police officers at the intersections, water supply at the fill site, staging at staging, etc.) being in the Exterior sector. I'll hold to my opinions, but thank you to all who pointed me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.