Walworth County Sheriff Dispatch Channel

jwesolek00

Thanks! I do have them turned on and am getting other dispatch channels/talkgroups, just can't find this one

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
It appears they're using 800 Conventional based on what Radio Reference shows for Walworth County and the feed link you provided.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

Walworth County Sheriff's Office is on 857.4375. Sometimes they may appear on 856.4375 (Muni PD Dispatch West) and 853.6625 (Muni PD Dispatch East), as well.

Tim

jwesolek00

Greetings...

Walworth County Sheriff's Office is on 857.4375. Sometimes they may appear on 856.4375 (Muni PD Dispatch West) and 853.6625 (Muni PD Dispatch East), as well.

Tim
Hi Tim, just saw this now. Is this a dual band channel or something? I should definitely be in range and have a 436hp but never hear anything on these channels. I have a list set up but I am not getting any traffic.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have a list set up but I am not getting any traffic.
Please attach your favorites list so that we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to right click on the exported file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder. What is your city?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I see that you have every site in the state programmed. In Whitewater, you should be scanning only the Spring Prairie site in Walworth County and the Milton site in Rock County for the WISCOM system. It is a wonder you hear anything scanning all of the out of range sites. For the Sheriff, East, and West conventional frequencies, try changing modulation from NFM to FM. The 800 MHz frequencies were exempted from the narrowbanding requirement. Try both to see which one works better. Squelch is normally set at 2.

Last edited:

jwesolek00

I see that you have every site in the state programmed. In Whitewater, you should be scanning only the Spring Prairie site in Walworth County and the Milton site in Rock County for the WISCOM system. It is a wonder you hear anything scanning all of the out of range sites. For the Sheriff, East, and West conventional frequencies, try changing modulation from NFM to FM. The 800 MHz frequencies were exempted from the narrowbanding requirement. Try both to see which one works better. Squelch is normally set at 2.
Doesn't using location settings restrict to those? But ok i will go and avoid all others in sentinal right now. Should i set it to fm or auto?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Set the three 800 MHz frequencies to FM and see if there is any improvement. You have location control turned off in the favorites list. Zip code scanning still scans too wide of an area. Limit your scanning to those 2 sites only and see how it works.

Last edited: