Want to bluetooth my radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast1eddie

I have been experimenting with Bluetooth and am trying to determine there is a adapter for scanners. I have looked at several adapters for two way, interesting concept. There has got to be something somehow someway to get one on my AR 8200. Think of the possibilities, taking monitoring to a new level.

Thanks for your help!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
"Currently Unavailable"

Yes, a few years ago I bought what is called a Blue Tooth Adapter that was a small squre box with a curl cord and a mini-phono plug and connected it to the scanner, then you pair your bluetooth headset with that. Worked great and my wife quit complaning about interrupting everything - LOL.

Amazon.com: Cardo BTA II - Cellular phone Bluetooth adapter: Electronics

After looking in Amazon, I discovered that the product is "unavailable." So, I am posting another link:

Sena Bluetooth

I think this would work as well.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I have been using Cardo Beta for two years and it works great with Plantronics ear piece and would need to replace Cardo some day. I know the whole system was very well priced, at less then $100.

questnz

Yep, some time ago I commented about new scanners "wish list" that it would be nice to have BT build in scanner radio hardware, it would enable 2-3 people with BT headset listen to one radio. Great for Air Shows, Car Racing etc. And we could listen to radios via BT enabled car stereo without FM transmitter. Really no brainer here, Drain on the battery would be minimal and in any case there should be option do disable BT when no longer required it just like in the cellphones. Extra manufacturing cost would be small price top pay for the convenience. C'mon Grecom and Uniden what about BT in all new radios ! Yaesu done it in VX8R handheld

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Earphone & Bicycle

Yes, I am very interested in this application. Thanks for the links. I hope to replace my earphone with this handy setup. Riding a bicycle while scanning might be much easier. Now, I need a fiber optic attachment to illuminate my LED while my scanner sits in the bag on the handlebars. I hope to move the HH from hip to bag for stealth operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.