want to control channel trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabeer

Hello, yall Im very new to control channel stuff and programming. I need to talk to some experienced ham who has or has had a bct8 scanner. id would like to program my scanner correctly. and none of this info on this site is helping. call me please at (405) 741-0240 I live in midwest city Oklahoma, Thanks.

mam1081

Feed Provider
What system are you trying to listen to? Perhaps with individual questions/answers, we can help you on this forum (and someone else can find it later if they have the same questions).

I'd bet you are trying to listen to the State Smartzone system on your BCT8. Let's see if I can help.

1. Program the trunk type as Motorola Type II:
a.) Press TRUNK for 1.5 seconds - you should hear two beeps and BANK and TRUNK will be flashing.
b.) Select one of the banks you want to use
c.) Use the up/down arrows to select "E2-800" then press "E"

2. Program the frequencies
a. ) Select "Prog F" and press "E". Use the keypad and decimal key to enter 857.9375 (most common data channel for OKC).
b. ) Press "E" after entering the freq. "M" should appear.
c. ) Use the up/down buttons to enter the remaining data channels (optional - OKC doesn't change channels very much).
d. ) Press SRCH to begin searching the system (you will only see TGIDs and numbers on the screen if it is correctly trunking at this time).

3. Program Talk groups - optional, but useful. Let us know if you get the TGIDs coming across - then we can help you with this if you need it. A large list of the TGIDs can be found at State of Oklahoma DPS / City of Tulsa Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.