want to get back to scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

josev

hello to it's been a while since i stop using a scanner went to CB radio now been home i want to start again what you guys recommend for a scanner I'm in the Osceola county of poinciana thanks

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the world of scanning! For Osceola county: Osceola County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Youll probably need a scanner that can pick up P25 and other digital modes. You will NOT get any law enforcement comms at all in the whole state of FL, same here in Savannah GA but only the major PD agency is DE but it all boils down to what you want to hear, Military aircraft, public safety, ham radio, marine, you get the idea. Take a look at the articles for newcomers: The RadioReference Wiki

W8WCA

Welcome to the world of scanning! For Osceola county: Osceola County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Youll probably need a scanner that can pick up P25 and other digital modes. You will NOT get any law enforcement comms at all in the whole state of FL, same here in Savannah GA but only the major PD agency is DE but it all boils down to what you want to hear, Military aircraft, public safety, ham radio, marine, you get the idea. Take a look at the articles for newcomers: The RadioReference Wiki
Sorry to intrude, but what do you mean; ". You will NOT get any law enforcement comms at all in the whole state of FL"?

Is the whole state encrypted?

Bob1955

hello to it's been a while since i stop using a scanner went to CB radio now been home i want to start again what you guys recommend for a scanner I'm in the Osceola county of poinciana thanks
josev- Hi and welcome to Radioreference. First thing is this...do you want to purchase and handheld Bearcat scanner or a base scanner?
Based upon your area, you need a digital scanner. The Bearcat BCD-325P2 is a great starter handheld and is probably all you need. It's very compact and comes with rechargeable batteries and a strap. If you want a base, the Bearcat BCD-996P2 should be fine for you. They both have gone up in price since Covid-19, especially the base model. I would also suggest looking at the YouTube video's showing both models done by Paul at Bearcat Warehouse and suggest you give him or Melissa a call to confirm your needs. They ship ALL digital scanners free and no sales tax to your state either. 1-877-568-7226
Hope this helps you out. Say safe.

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to intrude, but what do you mean; ". You will NOT get any law enforcement comms at all in the whole state of FL"?

Is the whole state encrypted?

Yes as far as i can tell all LW ops and TG's are encrypted. Fire/EMS is in the clear but all gov and LE ops seems to be DE

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Umm, no. Select counties are ENC, but not the whole state. Florida Highway Patrol, yes. But whole state LE, no.

Osceola and Orange (Orlando) are ENC as far as LE goes. FR is in the clear. Get a Uniden SDS scanner. Nothing better out there for simulcast P25. Pricey, but worth it. Speaking from experience.

josev

thanks, a lot to all that reply will start looking at the choices i use to run 2 scanners 1 for monitoring and the second one for freq search for talk groups not listed i see the 1 big complain on the bcd325p2 is battery life is very short

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.