Want to hear just one slot in DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

eritter

Hi, this is my first post. I've been using dsd for a few day already with success, decoding idas and dmr.
But one DMR repeater with a lot of traffic is using both slots for voice comunications simultanously.
Is there a way to tell dsd that I want to listen to a specific slot?

thanks,
Eloy

W2NJS

Usually when you hear both slots being used simultaneously it means that the signal is being transmitted in simplex mode on a 12.5 kHz wide channel rather than slot 1 or 2 at 6.25 kHz per slot. The simplex 12.5 kHz transmission is a characteristic of DMR/TRBO operations.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Eloy;

DSD does not have a way to select a slot for listening.

Someone would need to modify the code to accept a keystroke to toggle voice slots or present the audio in stereo allowing you to mute the left vs. right unwanted channel.

Maybe woodpecker can add this.

eritter

Unitrunker,
the stereo solution for listening to the right slot would be fantastic.
But I'm not sure if this is posible in the current state of the software, I noticed that when one slot is transmiting voice and the other one transmits data, then, speech is garbled. When the two are transmiting voice, audio is not mixed, speech is garbled too.

SCPD

QRT
The voice data arrives as 20ms cells. Imagine listening to voice cells from two different conversations interleaved. State information retained from processing the previous cell is needed for the next. Injecting a cell from a different conversation ruins that.

Stereo output would require tracking separate states - one for each slot. Something the current code does not do.

Status
Not open for further replies.