Want to learn about PCWIN ? - Next SEARM Meeting is 19 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Are you interested in learning how to monitor the recent cutover of most of the Pima County major public safety entities to PCWIN ? Or do you want to hear what it sounds like before you drop $500 more or less for a scanner to listen to them ?

Then, attend our monthly meeting. Since I expect that we will have a larger number of folks attending, PLEASE RSVP HERE, so that we can get a better head count for the folks at the Village Inn. They are really nice to us and we need to be nice to them ;)

The South East Arizona Radio Monitoring (SEARM) group meets every 3rd Saturday of the month at the Village Inn, 4245 E. Speedway Blvd, Tucson.

There is no cost to attend, other than what you eat and drink Open to anyone who has an interest. Come join us for dinner, conversation about latest scanner events, and occasional product demonstrations.

The meeting starts at 6pm. Come on by and say hello to other scannerists in the Tucson and surrounding areas.

If we have nothing to talk about, then we'll just have fun talking about nothing !!!

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
Would love to attend, but a bit of a trek for me from the Northwest side of town. Perhaps next time.

Tucsonlady

I'm new and will be attending, since I apparently bought the wrong radio last week ($$$$)! (BCD996XT...beautiful but worthless here).

murch103

SEARM meeting RSVP

Hi. My name is Chris and I have been interested in listening to scanner feeds for many years both here in Tucson and back in New York City. Until now I have only used a cheap Radio Shack base scanner to receive TPD feeds, however, since the changeover to the PCWIN system my scanner has become silent. I have never attended a SEARM meeting, but would love to attend this Saturday's meeting at the Village Inn to get more information on the new system and how I can upgrade my equipment to receive the feeds. Since I'm new to all of this I was wondering how many people usually attend these meetings. I look forward to learning more about a hobby I have enjoyed for many years. Thank you.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's great ! We typically have about a half a dozen or so folks that always show up ! Add to that a few more that infrequently show up.

Several of us own the PSR-800 radios and can demonstrate the handheld use and how to program via the computer.

At the moment, a couple of us own Unidens BCD536HP.

I also have the Uniden BCd436HP.

We can demonstrate the ease of use of the Unidens with and without software too.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's too bad AZ. I'm working a special Power Point presentation, assuming I can get the back room LOL.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
That sounds great! Maybe we can put it on a wiki page here after the meeting. :)

-AZ

Well, called to reserve a room in the back and found out they don't have a back room :(

Kind of makes sense why we are always sitting in the corner by ourselves LOL.

Never really thought much about it as we normally have about a half a dozen or so and are always placed near the electrical outlet so we can demonstrate toys.

Ah well ....

azbrunner

Just popped in to see when this all goes down at the VI...and it seems I'm 3 hours late...Well...Here's looking to see you all next meeting. That will be May 17th...Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.