want to record...can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zany

I have over the air tv (not cable or dish) with a antenna that has coaxial cable.
I'm wanting to record on my vcr, but I just get a blue screen.
When I had cable, I had no problems at all. I ran the cable to vcr in, then vcr out to tv. Now I run it the same way using an over the air antenna and nothing.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Zany

OCO

I have over the air tv (not cable or dish) with a antenna that has coaxial cable.
I'm wanting to record on my vcr, but I just get a blue screen.
When I had cable, I had no problems at all. I ran the cable to vcr in, then vcr out to tv. Now I run it the same way using an over the air antenna and nothing.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Zany

Unless your VCR has a digital tuner, you're out of luck. You might have noticed something a few years ago - the last high power over the air TV broadcasts in the US were on June 11, 2009. Find one of the government subsidized digital to analog converters that were such a hot item back then and put it between the antenna and the VCR.....:roll:

tassie

VCR Blue screen

Make sure that the TV station your trying to record from is still transmitting over the air signal

Make make sure your tv is on Channel 3 which is the normal output of the VCR or channel 4 if the output switch on the VCR has selected channel output.

Hope this helps

Tassie

N0IU

I am sure this won't help, but...

When TV went digital, I replaced my VCR with.... my computer! For about $50 (from Newegg, since you asked!) I bought an HD tuner card. Using the Windows Media Center, I can record anything that comes through over the air. With multi-terabyte internal and external hard drives getting so cheap these days, you will be set for quite some time.

I have over 250 half hour programs recorded in HD that takes up right at 700gb of space so I will need to start thinking about getting another hard drive or deleting some programs one of these days before too long.

And I also might add that the picture on my PC monitor is just as good if not better than my flat screen TV!

69Z28

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yep - you need a upgraded model of recorder or the cable box feeding the VCR at all times.
Some cable companies feeds are also encrypted so as not to let people record without a special receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.