Want to scan in nebraska asking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts1640

I live in Platte county nebraska and would like to start scanning. My first question is do I need a digital scanner?
I would like to scan the Platte county Sheriff and city of humphrey fire and rescue. I am also interested in scanning the state patrol and game warden in my area.Do I need a digital scanner for all this or will my analog work?
Would someone be able to give me the frequencies I need to program my scanner
Thanks
Todd

MFD4305

Welcome

Hi Todd. Welcome to RadioReference - that's an "unofficial" welcome since I'm just a fellow member with no special responsibilities or authority.

First - I suggest that you visit the Nebraska Forum for some local, first-hand advice on monitoring in your state.

Second - Platte County and Humphrey use analog systems. The frequencies are shown on the Platte county RR-Database page, here: Platte County, Nebraska (NE) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

However, I noticed that the Nebraska State system is P25 digital, so you'd need a digital-capable scanner if you decide you want to monitor the State police.

Good luck - try the Nebraska Forums!

N8IAA

I live in Platte county nebraska and would like to start scanning. My first question is do I need a digital scanner?
I would like to scan the Platte county Sheriff and city of humphrey fire and rescue. I am also interested in scanning the state patrol and game warden in my area.Do I need a digital scanner for all this or will my analog work?
Would someone be able to give me the frequencies I need to program my scanner
Thanks
Todd

Hey, Todd:)
Your county is still conventional, analog. So, listening to the SO and Humphrey FD will work on what ever analog scanner you have.
The state patrol and game wardens are on the Nebraska state P-25 system. That means you'll need a scanner capable of P-25, Phase I decoding. There are several in the For Sale forum here on RR.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.