Want to share this with old Utah friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

You don't get to see this in Utah....

rescue-muskegon-lake-1jpg-bce05cc154351e0d_large.jpg

North Muskegon Fire Department Hovercraft

Ice Rescue

I hope you all are doing well and having a good year so far.

bchris

still struggling

Want to share this with old Utah friends... I hope you all are doing well and having a good year so far.

Viper - I miss you, and I miss qlajlu. Sometimes I avoid this web site because his passing still pains me. Thanks for checking in once in a while. I wish Brent could do the same. I hope things are going well for you, your father, and your family.

--B.Christensen

Utah_Viper

Actually Utah County SAR has a hovercraft which has been involved in quite a few rescues on Utah Lake. I remember when Chris Reed took it out to the plane that crashed on the ice a few years ago and rescued 2 people. Here's the story: UCSSAR.org

The Fire & Rescue at Utah Test & Training Range use hovercraft to rescue pilots that crash in mudflats.
Neoteric Hovercraft Inc.

I stand corrected :) Still was something fun to get a chance to listen too. Since that first call I have heard them get out about 3 more times. North Muskegon is actually the small suburb that I live in. Its cool that they are the "specialty" station for water rescues county wide along with the USCG

Nice story Viper et al and I join B.Christensen in memories of Brent.

Than you both, I miss Utah at times but it is nice here. I miss seeing Brent's posts.

Viper when did you move? Must have been while I was at sea?

Moved in October :)

kd7rto

Muskegon is actually not too far from where I had wanted to go after high school, though discovering Utah changed all that. I'd consider anyone living in either place to be very fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.