Wanted a SDS200 but about to settle for BCD536HP. 1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
For Caddo Parish, take the decimal talkgroup ID from their old system:

Divide that by 16 to get the corresponding TGID on the new system:

Do many agencies do some sort of TGID equations when converting or is that just a quirk of this particular system you noticed?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Do many agencies do some sort of TGID equations when converting or is that just a quirk of this particular system you noticed?
I've seen quite a few systems use some sort of conversion scheme. Some, like this one, is the old Type II TGID divided by a number (quite often 16).
Here's another one, down in Southeast Texas.
Original system:

New system:

After seeing that pattern in a thread discussing changes in that area, I saw the conversion pattern. So, I copied all of the talkgroups into an excel spreadsheet, and converted all the talkgroups, then attached the conversion chart to a post.

On some of the EDACS systems, that are migrating to P25 (usually P25 Phase II), there's been a number of them where the new ID is the decimal equivalent of the old EDACS TGID, with an added numeric prefix.

Here's an example of that (the old system has not completely shut down; not everyone has moved yet):
Old Bell County (EDACS) Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
New Bell County (P25) Trunking System, Bell County, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Look at the S.O. Dispatch.
Decimal EDACS TGID 337
P25 system TGID 50337

So, add the prefix 50 to the old TGID to get the new ID.

There's been others as well. But not all of them follow an identifiable method. I look to see if there seems to be a pattern for the migration. Sometimes there is, sometimes not. When there is, it sure makes things easier to get a jump start on the new system, even before everyone makes the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.