Wanted: Portland Public Service Programming File

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am looking to go to Oregon in a month or so .. and would like to monitor the Portland public service system (Motorola trunked system I think) on my Uniden 246T or 780XLT. I was wondering if anyone would have a file they could post so I wouldnt have to enter it all manually ..

Would prefer Butel software format as I don't like the Uniden software much, but even that would beat entering it in manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

DickH

edmscan said:
I am looking to go to Oregon in a month or so .. and would like to monitor the Portland public service system (Motorola trunked system I think) on my Uniden 246T or 780XLT. I was wondering if anyone would have a file they could post so I wouldnt have to enter it all manually ..

Would prefer Butel software format as I don't like the Uniden software much, but even that would beat entering it in manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need only the Control Channels. Go to this site. They are the 4 freqs. in red
under SITE 1: Simulcast. You don't need any of the Intellirepeater sites.

Then scroll down and pick out the Talk Groups you want.
If you tell me your exact interest, I can tell you which TGs to use.

You can do the same for Washington County, Clackamas County and Clark County, WA.

Dick

SCPD

QRT
I am only interested in the police in Portland and well anything else that may be exciting to listen to when I am there. But if it is like where I live .. the EMS and Fire stuff would almost put you to sleep.

Thanks for your reply ...

Baker845

Dick is that right if want listen to portland or any TRS radio system in metro area of Portland only need control channels?

Thank

Kevin

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Baker845 said:
Dick is that right if want listen to portland or any TRS radio system in metro area of Portland only need control channels?

With most modern scanners, the answer is yes. If I remember correctly, the BC780XLT was the first scanner that allowed "control channel only".

In fact, 99.9% of the time, you can monitor the City of Portland system with only one frequency: 858.7375

joe

DickH

edmscan said:
I am only interested in the police in Portland and well anything else that may be exciting to listen to when I am there. But if it is like where I live .. the EMS and Fire stuff would almost put you to sleep.

Thanks for your reply ...

I forgot to give you Joe's site, but someone else did.
http://joescanner.com/

Dick

Baker845

Thanks joe for that info. I was up there last weekend and i wish know that when i was up there. I try using control channal(s) next time up Portland area.

Thank you

Kevin

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
No problem. One of these days if I ever get around to updating my scanners, I'll be happy to dump what i've got for you. The way my time has been going lately though, it could be Christmas before that happens!

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.