Wanting to buy a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been asked alot but i couldnt find any post on my area im sure its on here but just couldnt find it.Im looking to buy a scanner to use in the pike co. area and im wanting to pick-up KSP,and anything else thats interesting please let me know some models and for what model will do everything that i could listen to in my area.Im kinda new to the scanner world havent used one in years but would like to get back into it any help would be great.

Thanks John

Yes,Pike Co Kentucky so a digital is best and would do everything thats out there that i would want to listen to on a scanner?

Thanks Again
John

msradell

Yes, a digital scanner is definitely what you want and is what's required for the KSP. They will also pick up any analog systems that are in your area. You may want to look at the GRE-800 because it is much easier to program than most of the other digital scanners. Now days even if your area does not have digitally yet it will in the future so digital is the only way to go for future proofing!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Welcome back Turkeyhunter.... Scannermaster has the PSR 500 on sale for an outrageously low price of $369.95 (that includes everything in the box you'll need to get started)... It is a digital which is needed to monitor KSP and is easy to use... Don Starr has a really good programming software, WIN 500, with a 30 day trial period.... this will make it much easier to program and manage files....

crowe604

Premium Subscriber
I am scanner shopping also... In addition to KSP what models would pick up a p25 trunked system? I'm just planing ahead a little. I want one that will pick up the upcoming p25 digital trunked system in Hopkins county and Ksp would just be a bonus :)

dustinoboy

I am scanner shopping also... In addition to KSP what models would pick up a p25 trunked system? I'm just planing ahead a little. I want one that will pick up the upcoming p25 digital trunked system in Hopkins county and Ksp would just be a bonus :)
All digital models not only monitor digital conventional systems (like KSP) but also digital trunking systems. So, you would be in good shape going with the ones that have been mentioned above. I just bought the Radio Shack PRO-106 and am very pleased with it.

Duramaxman

Premium Subscriber
I live just outside of Hazard and Pro 106 does pretty good but if you don't have a good antenna it don't matter. I bought a pre amp and it worked perfect in the summer when the trees were full bloom. But in fall and winter it overloaded it. Pro 106 is pretty easy to program as well

Status
Not open for further replies.