Wanting to move up in scanner comparable to Pro95

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Um, sorry I kinda hijacked this thread... back to our regularly scheduled programming...

6079smithw

There should be a study made of how many people are killed every year by motorists distracted by using touch screens while driving. There are laws about using handheld communication devices, but the greatest danger is the electronics built right into the vehicles. I have no complaints about emergency braking and lane departure systems, but the automotive industry is contributing to death on the highways by all of the electronics requiring human interface while driving. I love my backup camera. That is a great safety device. Incidentally, I found that using a cellphone while driving blocked my vision and I felt unsafe using it and quit doing so before any laws were passed.

As my late Dad said so many times... "Impressive, but how many people know what to do when any of those gadgets Break?"

Back to thread, the RatShack Pro-97 is a step up from the 95, 1000 channels and uses the same programming as 95.
I've had one for many moons and it does well on VHF. They show up on eBay and aren't that pricey, you might want
to check that out.