Wargames missile buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
To my fellow RR's out there:

I just finished watching the 1983 movie Wargames. I'm so geeked by this movie, that I want to install a Launch button and key setup into my desk as a conversation piece. (I already have the red 'bat phone!')

My basic idea is to have a key switch that, when activated and the circuit closed, provides power to light the switch labeled 'LAUNCH' that is protected underneath a flip-down cover. I'm going to try and attach a couple of pictures to show exactly what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Now, the problem I am having is finding these push-buttons they show in the movie. Does anyone have an idea of who makes these switches and where I might be able to find one? I'm exausted searches for the exact style...have found some possible substitutes, but nothing beats the original!

Thank you in advance!

- Carp

Attachments

• launch-button.jpg
    launch-button.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3,665
  • lockout button.jpg
    lockout button.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 6,325

WouffHong

Launch it..

To my fellow RR's out there:

I just finished watching the 1983 movie Wargames. I'm so geeked by this movie, that I want to install a Launch button and key setup into my desk as a conversation piece. (I already have the red 'bat phone!')

My basic idea is to have a key switch that, when activated and the circuit closed, provides power to light the switch labeled 'LAUNCH' that is protected underneath a flip-down cover. I'm going to try and attach a couple of pictures to show exactly what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Now, the problem I am having is finding these push-buttons they show in the movie. Does anyone have an idea of who makes these switches and where I might be able to find one? I'm exausted searches for the exact style...have found some possible substitutes, but nothing beats the original!

Thank you in advance!

- Carp

I worked at NASA/KSC for many years and the trash that was dumped was exciting and exhaustive but unreachable except through the GSA Auctions at Merritt Island Launch Area (MILA), CCAFS or PAFB.

You might google that info - I am no longer in that area or would peruse fellow ham junkpiles :)

Pic of me at Shuttle Orbiter Processing Favility (OPF) back in 70's attached :) (Along with it's doctored-up Video screen :)

Wouff

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a used ICBM launch pad somewhere in the back of my garage...any takers?
n9zas

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I had to laugh when I read this thread; I would have loved to have that whole console from the movie, switches and lights and all! Especially when they're arming the missiles with the bank of switches and red/green lights.

A few years ago I took the "old" space tour (Mercury/Gemini/Apollo) at Kennedy Space Center, and SAW the actual consoles that had similar lights and switches. They were all powered up, too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.