Warning: Google Is In Your Driveway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
hoser147 said:
I think UPman had something on here about following his sister before...........Hoser
I remember that, but that was on a public street. Now it appears they've begun to trespass on private property!

I wonder how expensive those roof-top cameras are that Google uses? Maybe someone should take a shot at one when they trespass!

LEH

Premium Subscriber
No, shooting at them would put you in jail. Stop them, block their exit, call the local LE and have them arrested. Also call the local news crew for TV coverage.

Then get a good lawyer and sue Google.

Jwool

Definitely a scary topic, I have seen this street view in action.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
The line really has to be drawn here. I don't mind them going down public streets and doing this (anyone can take a pic on a public street and it would be perfectly legal) but to go onto someones private property, that is something called trespassing. I guess they hire idiots to drive those cars because anyone with a little common sense would say I don't need to go down this way any more its someones driveway.

brandon

Database Admin
The Google spies drove in my neighborhood a few months ago to snap and map. It was recently done because our neighbors house was for sale, so the time frame had to be within the past winter months or so. It's a little creep and cool at the same time. I can even spot my antennas!

hoser147

brandon said:
The Google spies drove in my neighborhood a few months ago to snap and map. It was recently done because our neighbors house was for sale, so the time frame had to be within the past winter months or so. It's a little creep and cool at the same time. I can even spot my antennas!
You pretty well summed it up brandon...............

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Aw who cares? Grow up. So they took your picture. Get back to me when they take your house.

Who wants to place bets on the fact that if it wasn't Google (and the billions of dollars they have) doing this that it would never have gone beyond a simple "please remove my picture" email. But noooo - they gots lots of money so let's SUE! :roll: What a classic example of GREED and fake outrage.

-AZ

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
AZScanner said:
Aw who cares? Grow up. So they took your picture. Get back to me when they take your house.

Who wants to place bets on the fact that if it wasn't Google (and the billions of dollars they have) doing this that it would never have gone beyond a simple "please remove my picture" email. But noooo - they gots lots of money so let's SUE! :roll: What a classic example of GREED and fake outrage.

-AZ
Exactly. People are so sue happy it's unbeleivable. I don't see this lawsuit going anywhere. In fact, I don't see that any criminal act was committed, and there was no physical or monetary harm done to anyone so there aren't even grounds for a lawsuit. A simple letter/email to Google asking them to remove the pictures would have been sufficient.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
LEH said:
No, shooting at them would put you in jail. Stop them, block their exit, call the local LE and have them arrested.
I thought you had to tell someone to leave before they were arrestable for trespass.

My guess is that the driver didn't realize he was in someone's driveway until he got to the end, and the people putting the photos up didn't care. The road dead ended directly into the driveway with no place to turn around.

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
AZScanner said:

-AZ
Google Earth is a product that was produced by a corporation wholly owend and chartered by the CIA and then sold to Google in one very very smooth transaction. All CIA money. Go ahead, google it:lol: :wink:

What good are the rights to property, if the only place you have privacy is deep within your own home, and even then government questions this right? But then again if your not doing anythign wrong....:roll:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
why dont some people drive down Google's driveway, or the board members of Googles driveway's and take pics of them (thats if they dont live in some gated driveway... gated to keep people out of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.