Warning: Scammers Pose As Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Warning: Scammers Pose As Michigan State Police

A warning today: scammers are posing as the state police and are using fear to trick people out of their cash.

Police say a caller posing as the police will tell the victim that a family member has been in a serious car crash and demand they call the accident scene.

The number they give is actually an overseas number that racks up a huge charge. The money goes to the scammers.

Several people in Lincoln Park have already been scammed. The Michigan State Police are reminding people that they will never call about a car accident, a trooper will always come to the home.

lugoffman

man what is this world coming to i get these stupid emails about i will recieve some one elses fortune and all i got to do is cash the check and send them the money western union and then buy the time they get the money my bank will call and say it was conter fit stupied people

one time i had a reece hitch for sale on yahoo and some one wrote me a told me they wanted it a sent me two conterfit checks for way over the amount of the money i wanted for it i called the police and they told me it was a scammer it was a good thing i never sent the hitch to them cause i would of been took

thats sad someone would even call someone house to do such a thing this is messed up

brent30

yeah these kind of scams are becoming quite common, I had an email from the "FBI" saying that is was safe to accept a cash sum of 80 million dollars, so i looked up the number for the FBI and called and let them know so i had to forward the email to them, and they started an investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.