WARNING! Scanner-R-Us.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymcl

I purchased a scanner from this site after asking if the unit I was purchasing would be able to monitor the things I wanted to monitor. I received a response back from this company stated it would.

After receiving this unit and talking with others here on this site. I discovered that this unit would if fact NOT allow me to monitor what I what too. This company's response was the email I received back from them tell me it would work, "was not a guarantee". Now I have paid for shipping twice and still do not have the unit I need.

Stay away from this company!

Corey McLaughlin

Lochtsa

Consumer Responsibilty

I am sorry for your frustration, but it is up to you to do your homework prior to purchasing anything. Just because someone at the company made an error in what the scanner would do for your area, does not mean that it is a bad company.

If more people took the time to research before making decisions on buying products, you would save time and frustration in the long run.

I have dealt with this compnay in the past and received excellent customer service.

Just my two cents

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
1) this thread did not need to be made in several different forms
2) this is the WRONG forum for this thread...look above in the feedback forum.
3) I replied to this same exact thread in the General Scanning forum...
Marshall KE4ZNR

kevin390

This brings back an old memory. I remember when the pro-2050 first came out and allot of police agencies were switching to a trunk system in my area. So like a kid on Christmas morning I ran to Radio Shack and I paid about $300.00 for the pro-2050.

When I got home I could not program it to trunk for nothing. Even tho the Radio Shack salesman and the manual said it was a trunk-tracker. Conventional was no problem and it worked great. What no one told me was that the pro-2050 was a Motorola trunk-tracker and my area was EDACS. I never knew the difference between the two. I did lean a lesson. Check first and then buy. Another lesson I learned the hard way is to wait until they get all the bugs out before I buy a new scanner. ( Pro-92 & Pro-94 ).......Ray

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
Can you be more specific on exactly what the problem is.
This would certianly help make this post more useful.

nexus

Corey's post would not sway me from purchasing from this company. I nor anyone else should expect to seek feature knowledge from a seller. BUYER BEWARE! The correct action in this case would of been to simply do some SELF RESEARCH on google, or even this site. A simple question of, "Does the Uniden BC-246T receieve digital transmissions?" on here would of quickly been given a response of NO. I know sellers who have very little to no knowledge about the products they sell. HELL half of the radio shacks in my area don't believe that the PRO-96/2096 will work with anything here. They were told by some clown that digital scanners here won't work, and the fact is THEY DO! But don't ask someone at my local radio shack, they'll tell you not to get the PRO-96/2096 because it's not compatible with the trunking system here (which BTW is motorola II APCO25)...

Lesson learned, BUYER BEWARE, and DON'T RELY ON A SELLER'S RESPONSE. Unless it has to do with their company specifically like shipping/warranty etc.

He probably got some guy on the phone who has ZERO KNOWLEDGE of scanners and the different features, and just assumed that since it's one of their newer scanners it would be "digital."

nexus

This thread should be closed.

1. IT DOESN'T BELONG IN THE FOR SALE FORUM. It has absolutely nothing to do with an item offered for sale...

2. It shows bad taste on the originator's judgement to speak negatively against a business for the originator's error and lack of research before buying.

richster

nexus said:
Lesson learned, BUYER BEWARE, and DON'T RELY ON A SELLER'S RESPONSE. Unless it has to do with their company specifically like shipping/warranty etc.

He probably got some guy on the phone who has ZERO KNOWLEDGE of scanners and the different features, and just assumed that since it's one of their newer scanners it would be "digital."

I completely agree with the two statements above, but I disagree with this statement below.

nexus said:
This thread should be closed.

1. IT DOESN'T BELONG IN THE FOR SALE FORUM. It has absolutely nothing to do with an item offered for sale...

2. It shows bad taste on the originator's judgement to speak negatively against a business for the originator's error and lack of research before buying.

I think this post is just fine. He bought a unit from a retailer who didn't know the facts and should have. Thus selling a scanner to Corey that didn't suit his needs.

I mean with a name "Scanners-R-US" you would think they would hire staff that know the products they ae selling. If they don't know squat about scanners then teach them before having them give advice to customers on what to purchase.

Nexus's quote about the guy on the phone with ZERO KNOWLEDGE is testament that retailers have to have knowledgable staff on hand so that consumers can make the best choice for their money. If they don't they won't last long.

I hope Scanners-R-Us is reading this. Having ZERO KNOWLEDGE staff advising customers on scanner purchases is bad for business, and they need to fix that fast.

Regards,
Richster.

nexus

I am under the impression that this forum is for items FOR SALE on radioreference.com not for items from outside venders.

So if I go to circuit city and buy a SWL radio from them and had a bad experience it's ok for me to come in here and BASH circuit city?

richster

nexus said:
I am under the impression that this forum is for items FOR SALE on radioreference.com not for items from outside venders.

That is an excellent point, and I'm not really sure what the boundries are. If in fact it is just for things being sold on RR, then yes this post should not be allowed.

Regards,
Richster.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Okay, this is a new forum, and in fact this thread did not start here. So let's just back down a little.

This forum is for posting about transactions that you did as a result of contacts made with users of this site using the Classified section. You asked for a feedback forum and you got it. Stick to the intention.

I am going to close this with this suggestion, if you have a problem with a commercial vendor and think it would be of interest to the rest of the RR community, how about using the Tavern for it. It really has nothing to do with the site or scanning in particular so the Tavern would be appropriate spot for such comments.

As this is here already and people have had their say, lets just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.