WARNING! Scanner-R-Us.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymcl

I purchased a scanner from this site after asking if the unit I was purchasing would be able to monitor the things I wanted to monitor. I received a response back from this company stated it would.

After receiving this unit and talking with others here on this site. I discovered that this unit would if fact NOT allow me to monitor what I what too. This company's response was the email I received back from them tell me it would work, "was not a guarantee". Now I have paid for shipping twice and still do not have the unit I need.

Stay away from this company!

Corey McLaughlin

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I understand your frustratiion however it is up to the consumer to make sure the product is going to work for them...you can't take the word of a business that is trying to sell you an item...did you expect the company to say it would not work? I saw your other conversation about this issue and I am sure the Uniden 246T works great for Analog transmissions in your area just does not work on the digital transmissions...If I am going to buy a SUV and the salesman tells "HECK YEAH, it will work off road" I will do research and make sure the SUV actually works off road....I understand you just want a radio that works for your area but you should have researched your area and figure out what type of radio systems are in use in your area before spending your hard earned money...
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

RayK

After receiving this unit and talking with others here on this site. I discovered that this unit would if fact NOT allow me to monitor what I what too.
Corey McLaughlin

My question is why didn't you come to this site with your questions before you made a
scanner purchased.You would have got all the help needed.

Go-24

KE4ZNR said:
I understand your frustratiion however it is up to the consumer to make sure the product is going to work for them...
While I agree the consumer has responsibility in a transaction; so does the seller.

KE4ZNR said:
you can't take the word of a business that is trying to sell you an item...
If you cant trust their word how can you trust anything else about them?

KE4ZNR said:
did you expect the company to say it would not work?
YES, if they were asked a specific question I would expect an honest answer. If they intentionally lied just to sell the product, I would do as the OP did and spread the word as to their lack of trustworthiness.

With all that said, I have nothing to base any opposition against this particular company/site. It could have possibly been a simple misunderstanding ...

Status
Not open for further replies.