Warnng Regarding ZIP SCANNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Warning regarding ZIP SCANNERS! Don't sign up for any email notifications from them! I made that mistake and they've been spamming my email for a week now with tons of totally useless emails! I've asked to opt out but they continue, may have even gotten worse! Tomorrow I'll block them though my ISP.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Good warning, with this caveat - even if you make a request to be unsubscribed, there's still some stuff already in the pipeline being sent to you that they sent before the request was made. It will take a few days to clear all that crap out

I would set up some email filters to take care of this junk. Most email programs have ways to do this.

Something to keep in mind...Mike

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Thanks for the heads up.

I will NEVER give a dime of my money to any business that sends spam after I officially notify them to cease and desist.

Any legitimate business does not need to engage in harassing and unwanted emails, phone calls or postal mail, their customers will come to them and spread the word to others.

Chronic

its always good to use a email account set up for this kind of stuff.
Also if you have to sign up to access something , its good to use 10minutemail.com

belvdr

No longer interested in living
If they don't quit, create a forwarding rule that forwards it back to one of their own email addresses. The more people that do this, it creates a bigger headache on their end and more incentive to stop the spam.

@ka3jjz is correct in that some providers take up to 10 business days for them to remove you. I think it's ludicrous, as it should be possible to do this immediately, as most businesses do.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
great idea

belvdr : Hey great idea re-routing emails back to them. will give it a try - real soon. used to do that with snail mail . would always put all there paperwolrk back in their pre-paid envelope and mail it back to them. Have a great day

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I had two more yesterday. I'll give it a couple more days before I take any additional steps.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
belvdr : Hey great idea re-routing emails back to them. will give it a try - real soon. used to do that with snail mail . would always put all there paperwolrk back in their pre-paid envelope and mail it back to them. Have a great day

That's one reason why most don't send pre-paid return envelopes any more. :)

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I really don't mind the spam. I look at the content of said email & then delete what I don't want. I've found some interesting emails from them. At times, they are a bit repetitive, but I can live with that as well.

Zip_Scanners

Warning regarding ZIP SCANNERS! Don't sign up for any email notifications from them! I made that mistake and they've been spamming my email for a week now with tons of totally useless emails! I've asked to opt out but they continue, may have even gotten worse! Tomorrow I'll block them though my ISP.

Sorry to hear this - on all emails we have an 'unsubscribe' button, usually on the bottom right which will sign you out of all emails.

We merged and deleted several emails a few weeks ago to try trim our emails lists to make them effective. A few emails were added to wrong list - sounds like you may have been put on wrong list. Sounds like this is over now but if you still get emails shoot me your email at luke@zipscanners.com and I'll manually remove.

Thanks.

CrabbyMilton

Spam can be annoying but it's here to stay so there's no point of getting upset about it.
You're not obligated to answer or even read emails you don't want so just delete them.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear this - on all emails we have an 'unsubscribe' button, usually on the bottom right which will sign you out of all emails.

We merged and deleted several emails a few weeks ago to try trim our emails lists to make them effective. A few emails were added to wrong list - sounds like you may have been put on wrong list. Sounds like this is over now but if you still get emails shoot me your email at luke@zipscanners.com and I'll manually remove.

Thanks.

It was resolved on 07/08, thank you.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
While not a solution, I use a disposable email address (like those available from 33mail.com) for online registrations. The spam still flows, but only to an email account I rarely check.

Specifically, I combine a base hotmail account with 33mail.com. This lets me customize my return email address so I know where the spam is originating. For instance (and this is NOT my real email account), if I wanted to set up a Radioreference related email it would be something like this:

radioreference@ladn.33mail.com

The spam (or any mail) from radioreference would go to my associated hotmail account, but since it has "radioreference" in the address, I can see where it originated. This is also good if radioreference were to sell/release my email to a third party. If needed, I could block the radioreference@ladn.33mail.com email account from 33mail.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.