warren county nj 911 center upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I love it when people do the RIGHT things as far as upgrades. Technology has come a long way, and if your going to upgrade you might as well do it right. Unfortunately here in our area, the upgrades come at a cost, its called the cheap route, and dont do it right. I hate that.

The center looks very nice and whomever works in there is in comfort. I like the dimmed lights too, bright lights are not condusive for a dispatch center.

Thanks for sharing!

emtbrat29

it's not bad the lights seem dim in the pics but are bright they dont dim them anymore do to people sleeping in the past

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
Seems like a nice center, I wasn't really impressed with the chair at the Lieutenant's position, or the clutter of the supervisor's desk...I hope the Lt. doesn't have to sit there more than eight hours, that chair doesn't look very heavy duty. It's too bad you have dispatchers falling asleep when the lights are dimmed. I agree with SEMTTP that lighting is a huge priority in any center, and sometimes bright lights are not always the answer! (Especially florescent lights...they seem to have this ability to suck life right out of the human body!)

res5cue

i worked at warren cnty for 2 years and i have to say its about time they upgraded. its nice the dispatchers have some comfort but one thing im happy about not being there is the lights. the fact they dont dim is stupid. its not cause of people sleeping its so that they can record everything with no problem on the cameras that are in the comm center. there are multiple dispatchers there and if someone naps for 10 minutes i dont see an issue with it if its dead and people are working as a "team".. but thats not what this is about.. lol.. the LTs desk always has been cluttered lol.. but the chairs actually arent bad.. some of the dispatchers like the strange chairs but for the most part the comfy ones worked for me.... great job to the guys at WC for making the environment better.. now if the PDCENTRAL radio would get better.. HAHA!!

RocketNJ

Looking at the second picture down, the installers need to learn effective cable management. Already developing a rats nest of wires and it wasn't even live yet.

I can only imagine how bad it would be to trace wires 5 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.