Warren County NY Channel Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
Some did...some didn't. Over the past several years the departments that could afford to purchase their own cross-band repeaters did so. Some departments used other freqencies they had been assigned as an input, while others simply used a different PL on their fireground frequency as the input. Under the new change, Warren County is changing the use of the current ESR-1 repeater, which was used by all emergency services county-wide, and making it the new FIRE CONTROL repeater.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Warrensburg Vol. Fire Co. is in Warren County.

I don't recognize any of those frequencies as being used by Warren County...

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
150.790 was being used as a vehicle repeater channel for the Sheriff's units, but I believe they have stopped using them. Last I heard some of the vehicle repeaters were being used by various fire departments.

Kevin

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
https://sites.google.com/site/warrencountynypublicsafety/ - I am throwing some Warren County info together here - there is all sorts of stuff to find on the Internet.

I finished up most of the radio spreadsheet with info from my historical records, FCC, Radio Reference, county documents, and NF2G info. Anything that doesnt seem quite right I labeled with a bunch of question marks. It is fun to merge all the various data sources and see which direction they point. It just takes a bunch of time to slog thru all the info.

Anybody feel like going to the various FD websites and pulling together a database of all the fire trucks and ambulances?

Peter Sz

D

DaveNF2G

Warren County narrowbanding info for fire and EMS was added over the weekend, too.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Fire Control will be 151.025 R (with fire siren activations)

EMS Control will be 155.295 R or 159.2025 R ?

New ESR 1 will be ????

All 3 will be countywide simulcast (I thought that I read that doing simulcast on narrowband channels is very expensive) - ???

I just noticed that the 2008 County Radio Handbook does mention a 'County Firegound' Channel. ??? 154.025 150.79 154.07 ????

Peter Sz

Last edited:

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
Fire Control will be 151.025 R (with fire siren activations)

EMS Control will be 155.295 R or 159.2025 R ?

New ESR 1 will be ????

All 3 will be countywide simulcast (I thought that I read that doing simulcast on narrowband channels is very expensive) - ???

I just noticed that the 2008 County Radio Handbook does mention a 'County Firegound' Channel. ??? 154.025 150.79 154.07 ????

Peter Sz

EMS Control will be 159.2025 R (110.9)

ESR-1 will no longer exist

Emergency Services Talkaround (replaces function of ESR-1) will be 154.980 R (173.8)

The three new narrowband channels will be voted in, simulcast out...

County Fireground is still 154.070 (CSQ)

D

DaveNF2G

They really shouldn't call it "talkaround" if it goes through a repeater.

AJP402

Premium Subscriber
Okay - I'm a little confused regarding Lake George area communications. I vacation up in LG every year, and I always scan and listen. Who patrols the Lake? Warren County S.O.? Or NYS Encon? Also, is there a NY State Park Police presence in the Adirondacks, or is it all ENCON PD? Is 154.725 the best frequency for any major happening in the area?

Lastly, can anyone verify these frequencies as being active? They all have valid licenses, as per the FCC ULS system.

155.760 Mhz - listed as Lake George ENCON patrol
159.330 Mhz - listed as Lake George ENCON patrol
156.090 Mhz - listed as Lake George PD/Constables

Thank you - Andy

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
Okay - I'm a little confused regarding Lake George area communications. I vacation up in LG every year, and I always scan and listen. Who patrols the Lake? Warren County S.O.? Or NYS Encon? Also, is there a NY State Park Police presence in the Adirondacks, or is it all ENCON PD? Is 154.725 the best frequency for any major happening in the area?

The WCSO (Police Officers) and Lake George Park Commission (Peace Officers) have a regular law enforecment presence on Lake George. The majority of their communications will be on WSCO F1 "Headquarters" 154.725 (127.3) The NYSP and NYSDEC also patrol the lake, but not full-time.

I don't know of any NYS Park Police presence in the Adirondacks...

AJP402

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh ok - Thank you. I figured 154.725 was best - that's always what i listen to when in LG, for the most part. Good ole conventional VHF system, works like a champ!! Around where I live, everyone seems to be going to APCO 25, trunking...or both! And it's useless....conventional VHF and UHF is the way to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.