Warren County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3KGD

Warren County begins transition onto the P25 statewide VHF STARNet system...
---
Anyone in the area familiar if county law enforcement communications will be encrypted? I'm already aware PSP is full encryption on the statewide system, just curious if the local agencies will follow suit being on the state system.

ekim223

TG 20004 appears to be EMS, but has only used sparingly so far.
TG 20013 is encrypted.
TG 20014 is encrypted.
This weekend no comms heard on the Warren County LE 154.04 or the Forest County LE 156.09 which Warren Co. handles the dispatches for.

N3KGD

Seems to be the way of the future I suppose. Thanks for the input! Didn't know Forest County Sheriff was dispatched through Warren County. I've also heard Tionesta Fire is dispatched by Venango County? Just curious as to why Forest County doesn't have their own communications center?

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Seems to be the way of the future I suppose. Thanks for the input! Didn't know Forest County Sheriff was dispatched through Warren County. I've also heard Tionesta Fire is dispatched by Venango County? Just curious as to why Forest County doesn't have their own communications center?

Warren co 911 handles Tionesta fire/ ems & West Hickory fire on 154.445. Venango used to dispatch them but switched. Venango still has access to their channel for interop. Marienville fire and Clarion hospital ems in Marienville are dispatched by Clarion co 911. Forest co sheriff has been dispatched through Warren for a while, Venango had access to their channel but no longer.

PSP Tionesta used to handle all ems and fire calls for Tionesta and West Hickory but that stopped after they closed the barracks.

I can't remember the exact reason they don't have their own center but I believe cost is the major factor. It was cheaper for them to give it to the other counties vs building their own and paying their own dispatchers etc.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Probably the same reason Potter is dispatched by Tioga and Sullivan is dispatched by Lycoming...there ain't nobody there. Pennsylvania would be just fine with some more regionalization of various local services. This Commonwealth system has become an excuse to spend money poorly.

N3KGD

Probably the same reason Potter is dispatched by Tioga and Sullivan is dispatched by Lycoming...there ain't nobody there. Pennsylvania would be just fine with some more regionalization of various local services. This Commonwealth system has become an excuse to spend money poorly.

Yeah, that's what I figured to begin with when I asked the question: it's a small county, mostly rural, and not very populated. Just thought I'd poke for some answers to see if it was something other than my assumption.

Needless to say, I have yet to monitor the state system. With Warren County jumping on - I may begin monitoring.

...and speaking of "regionalized" dispatch, I thought years ago I overheard that was the goal of PSP, to have regionalized dispatch - as opposed to dispatch at each barrack (well, that is still how it is up here in Northwest PA anyway).

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah, that's what I figured to begin with when I asked the question: it's a small county, mostly rural, and not very populated. Just thought I'd poke for some answers to see if it was something other than my assumption.

Needless to say, I have yet to monitor the state system. With Warren County jumping on - I may begin monitoring.

...and speaking of "regionalized" dispatch, I thought years ago I overheard that was the goal of PSP, to have regionalized dispatch - as opposed to dispatch at each barrack (well, that is still how it is up here in Northwest PA anyway).

Consolidation of PSP dispatch centers was a move during the Rendell administration. After his term ended and PSP brass changed with the next administration, the project was scrapped.

Some of the CDCs had been in service, but that was all reversed and reverted back to individual station dispatch when the plug was pulled on the project.

ekim223

Warren County begins transition onto the P25 statewide VHF STARNet system...
---
Anyone in the area familiar if county law enforcement communications will be encrypted? I'm already aware PSP is full encryption on the statewide system, just curious if the local agencies will follow suit being on the state system.

Add additional groups being heard on the Garland, 5 Points and Townville towers.
TG 20015 is encrypted.
TG 20016 is encrypted.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I logged TG 20004 on Erie40, Presque Isle and TG 20013 (Enc) on Erie40 & Erie80, Erie today.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
So, I was listening to the online Warren Co feed today. Heard what sounded like a fire officer call Warren on P25 "Ops 1" while handling a motorcycle crash somewhere on the NY border.

Anybody have any identified talkgroups, yet?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Anybody up in the NW know what the numbering convention is for Warren Co fire/ems apparatus? I was listening a little recently and have come up with this, but I need confirmation:

1 - Engine
2 - Tanker
3 - Engine
4 - Tanker
6 - Tower/Ladder
7 -
8 - QRS/Utility
81 - Mini Pumper/Utility
82 - Brush/ATV
9 - Ambulance
91 - Ambulance
92 - ??
93 - ??
10 - Chief?
20 - Deputy?
30 - Assistant?
40 - Captain?
50 - Lietenant?

Also, started compiling some RIDs if anyone is interested in adding to it:

I was on the fence about moving the RIDs to the county wiki page. I'll probably just add a link over to the list on the STARNet wiki.
If the apparatus designators can be confirmed, they can be added here: Warren County (PA) - The RadioReference Wiki

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Also, anyone know what unit 10-01 would be? I heard that unit tonight calling county on the fire channel to confirm that there was no crash at an intersection fire units had been dispatched to respond. The 10 unit called county and relayed the info and then county hailed the responding fire units to advise that "Ten Zero One" confirmed there was no crash.

Last edited:

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
10-01 could possibly be the Corry FD Chief. (Erie Co Station 10) they work with Columbus FD, Warren Co quite often.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Sullivan is also partially dispatched by Bradford County too. This system isn't nearly the waste that Open Sky was, I have full portable coverage in places where the OS ones never worked at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.