Warren County switching to P25 soon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

I recently put up my analog feed for WARREN County Fire and EMS, but was told they were going to P25 next month.
Can anyone verify the validity of this?
I have not heard any testing being done or new wildcards being shown. I know the vhf system is long over due for something new, however there are lots of dead spots all throughout the county due to the terrain. I'd think the next month idea is too soon.

stlouisx50

The below license has P25 emissions.

Thanks. Yeah I did the search this morning and found those listed. It appears they are doing their own system and not linking to MOSWIN OR SLATER.

One thing I noticed is each city has their own frequency, the towers are in a star pattern, but everything is inside that star, but no tower in the center which I find surprising.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Well they started testing the P25 radios on 155.070.TG 1. Was only testing. The PD was using the new 173mhz frequency (analog)
What 173 MHz frequency are you talking about? I don't see anything close to that on the new license linked earlier for Warren County.

And are we talking about Warren County or the City of Warrenton? 155.070 that you mentioned was testing P25 is a Warrenton City frequency, not licensed to Warren County.
I'm confused.

bdzig

Premium Subscriber
Warren County is moving to MOSWIN in the near future. The repeaters licensed recently will be setup as conventional systems, not trunked for tactical/operations communications within the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.