Warren TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

timcrafton

Hello All!
I am new to scanning and and recently bought the Pro-96 from RS. I got Win96 trial version and am trying to get the radio setup correctly. I am mostly intrested in Warren, and MSP, as well as Macomb county. The problem I am having is that when I import the files for Warren from RR database the Rx mode shows up as MOT, however when I scan I don;t hear anything the screen will flash with Dispatch etc. but I never hear any messages. If I change them Rx mode to FM I get all the traffic very clear, but the ID's don't show up... I am totally GREEN at all this so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I am trying to educate myself by reading so any input from the more experiecned scanners is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tim

seamusg

timcrafton said:
Hello All!
I am new to scanning and and recently bought the Pro-96 from RS. I got Win96 trial version and am trying to get the radio setup correctly. I am mostly intrested in Warren, and MSP, as well as Macomb county. The problem I am having is that when I import the files for Warren from RR database the Rx mode shows up as MOT, however when I scan I don;t hear anything the screen will flash with Dispatch etc. but I never hear any messages. If I change them Rx mode to FM I get all the traffic very clear, but the ID's don't show up... I am totally GREEN at all this so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I am trying to educate myself by reading so any input from the more experiecned scanners is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tim
The bank and the rx mode should be MOT for Warren's TRS. Which Warren system did you import, the APCO25 or fallback? You should have imported this one.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4219

timcrafton

seamusg said:
The bank and the rx mode should be MOT for Warren's TRS. Which Warren system did you import, the APCO25 or fallback? You should have imported this one.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4219

Hi seamusg

Thanks for your quick response! I downloaded the Apco-25 one using the Win96 software. I am not sure if that was the one you linked me to is the one I got or not. I saw the fallback one is that the one I should have gotten?

seamusg

timcrafton said:
Hi seamusg

Thanks for your quick response! I downloaded the Apco-25 one using the Win96 software. I am not sure if that was the one you linked me to is the one I got or not. I saw the fallback one is that the one I should have gotten?
No you don't want the backup system only the APCO25 one. You should hear lots of traffic on the Warren system. If you can zip a copy of your .p96 file and attach it here I can look at it to see what's wrong.

timcrafton

seamusg said:
No you don't want the backup system only the APCO25 one. You should hear lots of traffic on the Warren system. If you can zip a copy of your .p96 file and attach it here I can look at it to see what's wrong.

Ok, I zipped it and here it is. BTW, thanks a million for willingness to help. I can tell this is going to be a great forum!

In bank 5 is what I downloaded from RR, Bank O was just some stuff I put in by hand. If you have a good p96 for warren/macomm/msp that you wanted to share with me I think maybe that would be a good learning tool for me. Thanks Again

Attachments

• p96_so_far.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 61

seamusg

You had Warren split between banks 0 and 1 on what you tried. You can also put conventional in the same bank with Mot trunked systems but the bank must remain as MOT and all the trunked freq as MOT. Also Warren must be in a seperate bank from MPSCS Sites because of the talkgroups. Attached is a file with Warren in bank 0 and the three Macomb MPSCS Sites in bank 1. Also note Macomb County will be changing in the next month. They're working on Site 219 now, but it's not up yet, it will be the Macomb Simulcast. It also sounds like Macomb Radio is working on the Warren MA link to Site 219.

Last edited:

timcrafton

seamusg said:
You had Warren split between banks 0 and 1 on what you tried. You can also put conventional in the same bank with Mot trunked systems but the bank must remain as MOT and all the trunked freq as MOT. Also Warren must be in a seperate bank from MPSCS Sites because of the talkgroups. Attached is a file with Warren in bank 0 and the three Macomb MPSCS Sites in bank 1. Also note Macomb County will be changing in the next month. They're working on Site 219 now, but it's not up yet, it will be the Macomb Simulcast. It also sounds like Macomb Radio is working on the Warren MA link to Site 219.

Thanks ALOT! That works great. I can see that I have quite a learning curve on all this. I appreciate you helping me out with this one, so at least I have something to listen to while I learn.

Best,
Tim

timcrafton

seamusg said:
Your Welcome and Welcome to the site. It also helps if you put your location in your profile.
If I could follow-up with another question...
The file you sent me works, but I thought I would like to add some other things from the MPSCS, would I just use the webimport function and select the site number I am intrested in then import it? Also, should I import into the same bank as the rest of MPSCS freqs? Or can I add it another bank, so that I can choose to scan it or not. Will it autmotically inlcude the TG info for the site I import, or is there another step?

seamusg

timcrafton said:
If I could follow-up with another question...
The file you sent me works, but I thought I would like to add some other things from the MPSCS, would I just use the webimport function and select the site number I am intrested in then import it? Also, should I import into the same bank as the rest of MPSCS freqs? Or can I add it another bank, so that I can choose to scan it or not. Will it autmotically inlcude the TG info for the site I import, or is there another step?
If you import another site you would have to select the talkgroups you want. You can put multiple sites for the same system in the same bank by putting a conventional space channel between them. I put three sites for MPSCS in bank 1 to show you, this trick only works with GRE scanners (Pro96, Pro 2096, etc). The space freq cannot be 0.00, I used 1300.00, but it can be any conventional freq. If you want Detroit I woud suggest a seperate bank because of all the talk groups. Also for Detroit you need to do the upgrade to DSP 1.3, you'll also need this for the new Macomb site when it goes online in November. Also you only need the control channels for MPSCS, the scanners gets the voice channel from the control channel. Also from Centerline you should be able to get the Northville site

Last edited:

timcrafton

seamusg said:
If you import another site you would have to select the talkgroups you want. You can put multiple sites for the same system in the same bank by putting a conventional space channel between them. I put three sites for MPSCS in bank 1 to show you, this trick only works with GRE scanners (Pro96, Pro 2096, etc). The space freq cannot be 0.00, I used 1300.00, but it can be any conventional freq. If you want Detroit I woud suggest a seperate bank because of all the talk groups. Also for Detroit you need to do the upgrade to DSP 1.3, you'll also need this for the new Macomb site when it goes online in November. Also you only need the control channels for MPSCS, the scanners gets the voice channel from the control channel. Also from Centerline you should be able to get the Northville site

OK, I see what you mean about the TG's, (the light came on all the sudden...) Thanks for the tip about the space trick that is cool. I did the upgrade to 1.3 already. I am not sure I really understand the control channel thing, I need to do some more reading. Thanks again you have been remarkebly helpful, and patient with my newbieness!

ed: Also, speaking of Centerline, I am not getting any radio traffic through them. I see that they are setup in the file you sent me, and what there ID should show up as, but I am not getting anything.

Tim

Last edited:

seamusg

timcrafton said:
OK, I see what you mean about the TG's, (the light came on all the sudden...) Thanks for the tip about the space trick that is cool. I did the upgrade to 1.3 already. I am not sure I really understand the control channel thing, I need to do some more reading. Thanks again you have been remarkebly helpful, and patient with my newbieness!

ed: Also, speaking of Centerline, I am not getting any radio traffic through them. I see that they are setup in the file you sent me, and what there ID should show up as, but I am not getting anything.

Tim
You'll see Centerline Pd on Wannen's system, but not much FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.