Warrick Co Public Safety LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASCAR2

I was in Warrick County and tried to listen to Warrick County's Public Safety LTR 450 MHz system. It has been a couple years since I tried to monitor them. I never could detect a control channel on the frequencies listed. I did hear some Warrick Co. traffic on Safe-T P-25 which appeared to be rebroadcast/simulcast traffic.

I did pick up a couple of mobiles but that was simplex and not through a system repeater. I double checked my frequencies which were programmed into my BCD996XT to the data base and couldn't find any errors.

I also listened to Vanderburgh County LTR 800 MHz system without difficulty. Just curious if Warrick County has made changes to their system or frequencies. I know their dispatch suffered from a major lightning strike a few years ago.

The data listed in the DB was dated 2013. I wasn't in the area very long and didn't have time to search or use close call.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I have heard no news about the ltr system and no new FCC changes in pipeline.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And ltr has no control ch. It is subaudible data bursts on all freqs.

VASCAR2

And ltr has no control ch. It is subaudible data bursts on all freqs.

I didn't know the LTR didn't use a control channel. I knew you had to have the correct channel number/sequence. I also know you need to program every channel in an LTR system. There may have not been enough traffic for me to catch the base as I was scanning several Safe-T sites, Vanderburgh County LTR, Ky State UHF plus Vhf.

Next time I go over that way I try again, thanks for the info milf!

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know the LTR didn't use a control channel. I knew you had to have the correct channel number/sequence. I also know you need to program every channel in an LTR system. There may have not been enough traffic for me to catch the base as I was scanning several Safe-T sites, Vanderburgh County LTR, Ky State UHF plus Vhf.

Next time I go over that way I try again, thanks for the info milf!

I will be in Warrick Co at the end of the month using my HP 1, I will let you know what I pick up.

lviper

Premium Subscriber
I don't actively monitor Warrick but I do listen to Safe-T off the Henderson Tower while driving to and from work and I hear Warrick on that system often. So often sometimes I actually temp lock them out.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
When I was in Warrick co over this weekend, I did SO unit a Newburgh PD on the 400 system, when I was around Boonville, however I did here a lot more of the unit visa 800 system via the patch.

I hope this helps.

VASCAR2

Thanks for the info, I guess I just had to many Safe-T sites, Vanderburgh Co TRS, plus Ky SP 400 MHz and VHF going in my scanner to catch the Warrick Co LTR system.

phallout2000

Warrick county LTR antenna has been struck by lightning several times. p25 simulcast is what the officers use, although it is somewhat confusing

VASCAR2

Thanks phallout2000, that explains why there isn't more traffic on the 400 LTR system and I was hearing more on Safe-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.