WARRS In Carroll, Haralson and Heard Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8484

Would anyone happen to have an updated list of TG's in Carroll and Haralson Counties?

k8484

Heard has either been offline all day or they changed their control channel. Will update with TG's once I find out what's going on.

k8484

Heard County Sheriff/PD Dispatch: 5102
Heard County Fire/EMS Dispatch: 5201
Heard County Fire/EMS 1: 5202
Heard County Fire/EMS 2: 5203

What I've figured out thus far for Heard County.

k8484

An update to my previous post since I didn't make it clear. Fire/ems 1 and 2 are Tac 1 and Tac 2.

Last edited:

k8484

I highly doubt it. This system is very hush hush in the counties that it serves.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Warrs

I'm usually just passing through on I-20 and have not been in range long enough to do any serious talkgroup searching. I've seen "new" talkgroups pop up on my screen but while driving, am not always able to listen long enough to determine who it is. I wish I could pick up the system from my house in Smyrna on a regular basis. It comes and goes - mostly goes.

brumac

996xt

I recently purchased a 996XT and replaced the default antenna with a 800MHz one. I used Freescan to download the site frequencies for Carrollton - TG's etc... However when scanning I rarely hear Carrollton PD if at all, and sometimes when I hear the dispatch is sounds garbled. I live in the middle of the city, almost next to the PD. Not sure why I can't hear anything.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
All I can say is welcome to the digital world. There are a million and one reasons why this might be. I recently got into digital scanning and was also frustrated with the lack of consistency on the reception. Since purchasing the right equipment it certainly helped, but still isn't as good as they hype it up to be. As far as not much traffic on the PD, I can believe that. You live in a pretty well behaved city. Many times communications are done over their in car laptop. Spend some time with it on a Friday night or some UWG party night. Also, just because you are next to the PD doesn't mean you are near a tower. OR you could be too close to the tower.

Something I learned quickly about this hobby is that many will tell you why something doesn't work. When it does work, those same people will tell you why it does.

One last thought. The fun of the hobby is figuring it all out. Nobody can tell you the secret recipe because nobody lives where you do with the trees you have with the landscape and other obstructions you have. Be patient, you'll get it.

N8IAA

I recently purchased a 996XT and replaced the default antenna with a 800MHz one. I used Freescan to download the site frequencies for Carrollton - TG's etc... However when scanning I rarely hear Carrollton PD if at all, and sometimes when I hear the dispatch is sounds garbled. I live in the middle of the city, almost next to the PD. Not sure why I can't hear anything.

This is one of the problems scanning P-25 systems with the current crop of digital scanners, especially the newer Unidens. They just don't decode the signal properly. Uniden did a firmware update that gives you adjustments for the 396XT and 996XT. Backward engineering it to the way the 396T was able to be adjusted to decode the systems. Don't know what kind of antenna you are using, but the smaller the better if you are close to a tower.
HTH,
Larry

brumac

996xt

I use a very short 800MHz antenna I got from radio shack (rubber). Not sure what I need to do to change the decoding p25 level....urg...

puterman

I use a Pro 106 with the Rat Shack 800 Mhz antenna. I can get most Warrs calls. Also monitor the 700 Mhz Coweta system. Do the firmware updates. It helped my 106.

N8IAA

I use a very short 800MHz antenna I got from radio shack (rubber). Not sure what I need to do to change the decoding p25 level....urg...

There is a firmware update from Uniden. Check out the Uniden scanner forum. There is a sticky at the top about the update. I didn't bother because it requires more tweaking than I want to do. This is the reason most of us use GRE/RS scanners for the metro area. I'm willing to put up with the odd behavior of my 396XT because of size and frequency management.
Larry

Last edited:

brumac

Just updated my firmware from 1.04 to 1.06...I'll keep you posted but so far I haven't heard anything.

brumac

Update

Ok, so updated the firmware, set my P25 Adjust Mode to 11 & P25 Adjust Level to 100, nothing (maybe some garbled traffic). Changed Adjust Mode to 8, Adjust Level to 50, nothing garbled...I'm at my wits end.

N8IAA

Just a couple of more questions, do you have the attenuation on or off? How tight is your squelch? Both of these can help or make the reception worse.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.