WARRS In Carroll, Haralson and Heard Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

farr1225

Soon these counties will be switching to a Motorola APCO-25 digital system for increased interoperability, and I had a question maybe someone here might could answer. I do not have a digital scanner currently and had "heard" through the grapevine that this system would be totally encrypted, and as such could not monitor traffic for these counties. If any one knows about the system or has heard for sure I would be interested in knowing. If that is the case there would be no point in asking for a newer digital scanner for Christmas. I know for sure they will simulcast on VHF for fire departments in the area but after the initial dispatch the traffic for all calls will "switch" to 800 mhz digital broadcasts, so in essence there will be no point in just listening to that traffic. Thanks to all in advance for any help.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Warrs dtrs

I have not heard anything about this system but you may very well be correct. This system has been licensed for some time but seems to have taken quite some time to get on the air. Even if DISPATCH is the only thing "in the clear", I believe it would be well worth monitoring. To me, that's better than knowing nothing. It's similar to Hall County, who was totally encrypted but has recently placed its DISPATCH "in the clear" again. Some of the departments in these rural or semi-rural areas going digital (and encrypted) often simulcast on their old VHF frequency because it's difficult to expect volunteers to shell out megabucks for a new Motorola digital trunked radio.

Keep us posted as this system develops!

N8IAA

I have not heard anything about this system but you may very well be correct. This system has been licensed for some time but seems to have taken quite some time to get on the air. Even if DISPATCH is the only thing "in the clear", I believe it would be well worth monitoring. To me, that's better than knowing nothing. It's similar to Hall County, who was totally encrypted but has recently placed its DISPATCH "in the clear" again. Some of the departments in these rural or semi-rural areas going digital (and encrypted) often simulcast on their old VHF frequency because it's difficult to expect volunteers to shell out megabucks for a new Motorola digital trunked radio.

Keep us posted as this system develops!

Don't forget that Hall FD, and the prisoner details are the only TG's to be heard on that system. Forsyth still does the FD and Cumming on VHF.
Larry

rjones

852.8625 is the active control channel today, with activity on TG 1001 and 2001. SYS ID is 241, Site ID 0101.

kwackstacker

Im a volunteer for carroll county and am very interested in knowing more about this new system. They've said we were supposed to be switching over for years now and it is finally happening. Just within the last week I have lost the sheriff's department on their VHF frequency. The FD battalion capt.'s have their 800 portables already and the stations have had base units installed. Every volunteer recently received brand new Minitor 5 pagers and the word is that they will be simulcasting on VHF.

So if i purchase a digital scanner, will I be able to listen to all traffic just as I did on my old scanner? Or will the encryption prevent this from happening? sorry for sounding dumb but we're just a little behind over in this neck of the woods

and I'll ask another question while im at it. Around Christmas my pager went from having perfect reception with crystal clear traffic, to cutting in and out and having a sick sounding humming noise all the time. While on open line, it will completely miss calls that I know are being dispatched by listening to my scanner. But it will always alert for my station which is all that matters I guess. To listen to any other traffic, I have to hold down the squelch button to hear the entire transmission usually. Is this a problem with the pager or the new system affecting the pager? Its almost like the squelch knob (if it had one) was turned all the way up so only the strongest signal is heard. Appreciate the help guys

rjones

So far it looks like Carroll County SO is on 1001, and Carroll County FD is on 2001. I just noticed TG1401 popped up today, with LE type comms, maybe Carrollton PD?

I'll get my notes together today and submit a new system.

csims723

Coweta to Join the WARRS

I work fo Coweta County Fire Department and we are alos suppose to be joining the WARRS in the near future. We have already assigned our tower sites and all impact studies complete. We are suppose to be building towers in the near future. I look foward to getting this up and running soon. I will need lots of help programing my scanner when this happens as my wife likes to hear what is going on.Chris

N8IAA

I work fo Coweta County Fire Department and we are alos suppose to be joining the WARRS in the near future. We have already assigned our tower sites and all impact studies complete. We are suppose to be building towers in the near future. I look foward to getting this up and running soon. I will need lots of help programing my scanner when this happens as my wife likes to hear what is going on.Chris

Hopefully you have a scanner that works with the newer 850Mhz frequecies:)
Larry

terrister

I am using a Radio Shack Pro-106 to listen to this system.
I live in Carrollton and work in Newnan.

rb3406

I monitor this system with a Pro 106 also. Several talk groups are active now but I have not identified all. I believe TG1401 is Carroll county work camp and TG1406 is animal control. There are a few more with ocassional traffic but don't know anything about them.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Western Area TRS

Does anyone know if all the towers on this system have been activated? One of the planned towers is located just south of I-20 near the Cascade Road area. I've tried to monitor the system from the Atlanta area since this tower is so close but have only been able to monitor it from I-20 in Carroll County and part of Douglas.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Warrs

Try also WQLC470. Both call signs have the same frequencies but they have different transmitter addresses and there is a NEW set of frequencies (not sure what the new control channel(s) are). Here is a list of all the frequencies:

terrister

I am gathering new talk groups. I should have a list soon. All are Carroll County or Carrolton so far.
I think they are the lead agency in this and test driving it before the others join in. I have heard the Coweta towers are still not up and running. Not sure about other sites.

rb3406

Carrollton PD is TG1101. I have also heard TG10101, sounds like county officials but not sure. Traffic is ocassional.

terrister

I heard the 10101 TG last night. Sounded like car to car CCSO traffic. Also heard some traffic on 1005 that was also car to car LE traffic of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.