Was it just mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach112683

Did anyone who lives in Sussex County have S-CMD (SUSCOMM) and the other trunked radio TGs in Sussex county been hanging up? I think the problem is cleared up now but did anyone else have this problem?

de784

Feed Provider
sussex

Yes had the same problem has been going on for two weeks or so.

Roach112683

Ok just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I know it happened last year but never as freuently as it did this year. Just the other day it seemed to disappear as I was heading upstate so I'll need to check it again when I head back down for work.

Thanks again.

Roach112683

Anyone know how to fix the problem? I hate having to hit scan again after almost every transmission but then it also seems like it is just in the rehoboth area where this happens. How do I fix it or can it even be fixed?

pinetree

First question are you using a Pro-96 or 2096? if you are try using the DSP 2. for some reason the newer updates have that problem when a freq hangs. why I dont know but it works in Kent co. We had a long problem with that a while back. Other scanners have a fix I think it has something to do with the stop bit.

Roach112683

yeah I have a 96 and I am planning to get a 2096 so I don't have to keep dragging the 96 in and out of my car all the time. I will try using the firmware 2 I currently have the firmware 4 on it right now but I will try that. Thanks.

Roach112683

Ok the previous fix didn't seem to help. For some reaosn it is still getting hung up. Every so often it goes back to scanning but most of the time it gets hung up on suscom.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

If a Quantar Repeater hangs, attenuate the Voice Channel and see if your PRO 96 will Trunk the system, instead of hanging up on Voice Channel. Uniden's BCD396T and BCD996T use Digital End Code Detection.

You can also try antennae with unity or less gain.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Roach112683

Yeah not sure how to alternate the VCs like that but if I can figure it out I will try it. The firmware change stopped the hangups but now the radio is going in and out and I can never get complete messages anymore. I don't know what the problem is now. It is happening all over the state as I just came back up to New Castle County today and all the way up I was hearing garbled and incomplete comms. How do i fix it now?

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

In NCCo, Voice Channels 867.4375 and 866.2375 repeaters are hanging open. It causes the scanner to hang on any TG that was granted these VCs. The System Administrator has to fix it. There is not much you can do unless you attenuate the Voice Channels affected. Attenuation of the T SYS Object is used on the PSR series, and Digital End Code Detection would be enabled on the Uniden BCDX96T series scanners.

Until the Sys Admin fixes the repeaters, you are SOL. :( On the PRO 96 or PRO 2096, press Manual. Use the Up or Down Keys to display the Voice Channel affected, then press ATT.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Roach112683

I never seemed to have a problem with NCC hanging up. I just had the problem down in Sussex in rehoboth as that is where I live most of the time. Now once I downgraded my firmware to 1.2 as stated above I get garbled and partial comms. I am going to try to just attenuate the channels when hy give me trouble and see if it will help me. If not I'm going to downgrade again and then reprogram with the one set I know works and then place that into my surrent computer so I know my scanner will work again. It is just frustrating. it worked fine till I took it to work one night while I was dispatchign so I could listen to the neighboring town and SUSCOM without having to set the radio in dispatch to scan and it never seemed to get proper signals after that and for some reason i could not get a clear signal in there so idk what happened. But I will get this fixed I just need to figure out how.

Roach112683

OK well I know what is going on now. The recent thunderstorms damaged a tower near me and it is currently being repaired so things should be working as they were before again hopefully soon. I thank all of you who helped me with my troubles and appreciate it very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.