TRX-2: Was working, then partially working, now dead

K9DUO

TRX 2 in my truck was working fine. Then the keypad on the remote head quit working. Scanner worked, but none of the buttons on the remote head with the exception of the power button would work. Now, nothing works. Unit is dead. Any ideas? I dont see a master reset on it..

tvengr

Well Known Member
Courtesy of KC21HD, try this: OK here's what you need to do ............ 1st Remove and detach the face.. 2nd step remove the SD card.. 3rd step replace the face with no SD card in the unit.. 4th step hold down the power button for 30/35 seconds.. Last step Replace the SD card and repower up the unit ! This should work been there

Ubbe

Buttons work with the serial data interface but the on/off are usually a separate pin on the connector that gets activated. To me it seems like the connection got worse, the data signal where affected first, then the logical power switch stopped working, as if the connector gets more and more bad. Have you tried cleaning those connectors between head and main unit?

/Ubbe

K9DUO

Courtesy of KC21HD, try this: OK here's what you need to do ............ 1st Remove and detach the face.. 2nd step remove the SD card.. 3rd step replace the face with no SD card in the unit.. 4th step hold down the power button for 30/35 seconds.. Last step Replace the SD card and repower up the unit ! This should work been there
Tried several times...Doesnt work.

K9DUO

Buttons work with the serial data interface but the on/off are usually a separate pin on the connector that gets activated. To me it seems like the connection got worse, the data signal where affected first, then the logical power switch stopped working, as if the connector gets more and more bad. Have you tried cleaning those connectors between head and main unit?

/Ubbe
Its the same whether I try it with the remote head attached or detached and connected with cable.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Had something similar happen to me.
Disconnected power plug from rear, for about 30 seconds.
When reconnected it would then power up.