Washburn Co P25, Barron Co P25, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgostovich

Does anyone know if you can monitor P25 digital coventional with a RS Pro 96? I know you can't enter a NAC on that model, but i've also read that it would not be necessary as long as the digital decode capability is there? I only ask because I have a line on one cheap. If anyone has any intel on this and can share it that'd be great! Thanks in advance!

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
It looks to me like Washburn is running analog and digital signals simultaneously. You shouldn't need to worry about the digital repeater signals, because the primary analog signal is still available. So you should be good.

box23

Correct, the Pro96 does not have the capability for NAC's, but will do conventional digital just fine. Keep in mind that it is no where near as capable as the new digital ones, but if you only need/want basic digital monitoring and the price is right it could be a very good deal.

As far as Wasburn, they have switched to digital full time on the LAW repeaters. They use analog as a backup, but digital is primary, so if you are planning on monitoring the Law side of things you need a digital capable radio of some kind.

sjgostovich

As I suspected.

Copy that, thanks box. Thats what I thought. I'm looking at the pro 96 for a backup unit but I want to be sure it would do what was needed for monitoring digital in the great northwoods!

northscan23

Get the pro-106. You will be able hear most of the Washburn CO Sheriff traffic(though they do encrypt their traffic on occasion but not often.)

box23

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pixi/1.1)

northscan23 said:
Get the pro-106. You will be able hear most of the Washburn CO Sheriff traffic(though they do encrypt their traffic on occasion but not often.)

Last I heard they do not have encryption available in their radios. Sfd119, any input?

sfd119

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pixi/1.1)

Last I heard they do not have encryption available in their radios. Sfd119, any input?

This keeps coming up time and time again, but for the last time: No. Washburn does not have any encryption on their radios. Some radios have it built in but most do not have it as an option nor does the repeater have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.