Washington Co and Fremont, NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Washington County has updated their license for their simulcast site for the ORION system. A new repeater location was added in Fremont the frequencies are

The frequencies in red are new for all the repeater locations in Washington county along with the old frequencies (
851.4125 853.175). The frequencies listed above all have phase 2 emissions while 851.4125 and 853.175 do not have phase 2 emissions.

So if your in Fremont you might want to program the frequencies listed above and see what you find.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Last weekend, I took a drive to Fremont and was able to confirm the following frequency / usage changes on the Washington County site:

Primary CC:

Secondary CCs:

At that time, the Fremont site was NOT yet active as I had a 50% signal reading sitting a block away from the antennae.

NONE of the original Primary / Secondary CC channels are active on any of the Wash Co sites and, since Washington County used to be Site 13, it'll be interesting to see what those old channels are used for...

MUD system, anyone? Their wide-area Type II Motorola trunking system, as far as I can tell, is no longer operating as it used to.

73!

wb2iww

Hi,
Trying to reprogram scanner for Blair and Washington county. Need proper download parameters from Radio Reference. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Last weekend, I took a drive to Fremont and was able to confirm the following frequency / usage changes on the Washington County site:

Primary CC:

Secondary CCs:

At that time, the Fremont site was NOT yet active as I had a 50% signal reading sitting a block away from the antennae.

NONE of the original Primary / Secondary CC channels are active on any of the Wash Co sites and, since Washington County used to be Site 13, it'll be interesting to see what those old channels are used for...

MUD system, anyone? Their wide-area Type II Motorola trunking system, as far as I can tell, is no longer operating as it used to.

73!

Good evening!

A second trip to Fremont allowed me to confirm that the Fremont site is now fully operational as of 11/13/2016.

In addition to this, Fremont Police Department is now using the system on TGID 2150.

TGID 2150 is currently 2-way linked to the legacy UHF "Fremont PD 1" channel (460.25000).

When radio traffic comes from the UHF side, RID 3426 is being displayed.

I wasn't able to catch any other 21xx TGIDs, however TGID 2150 is being carried on the Douglas County Simulcast system, as well, so that should make it easier to listen to!

That's all I know from Dodge County at the moment - the above information has been submitted.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Guys, I am getting a bunch of submissions that there is a separate Washington County system to the ORION system.

As far as I can tell, this is NOT the case, but that sites where expanded.

Several of the decoding software titles out there will decode phase 1 information as phase 2. Many systems now included the *FCC designation* for future growth.

This does NOT mean that the system is Phase 2 - but that they do not have to do paperwork later when they start to implement it.

Until talkgroups are KNOWN and MONITORED to be Phase 2, the system will stay listed as Phase 1.

Please when you submit information, please state if the talkgroups are in HEX or DEC format. Most are pretty to see, but we have had quite a few submissions from newer members that are submitting radio ID's as talkgroups, and all sorts or weird goofy stuff.

I prob have 5 submissions of the same general information and maybe 50% of the talkgroup information is accurate.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Database is updated. Please let me know when the conventional channels are *confirmed* to be out of service.

No guessing!

scanomaha

Database is updated. Please let me know when the conventional channels are *confirmed* to be out of service.

No guessing!
Your database has some errors listed for Fremont Talkgroups....somehow the Fireground and EMS talkgroup numbers got messed up between the DEC and HEX numbers?? looks like you put some of the HEX numbers in where the DEC should go......I do know for SURE that ALL the talkgroups listed under Fremont ALL have a 2000 range number such as 2161, 2167,2166, 2162, etc.....

<below is the correct DEC & HEX numbers>

AND in order to program them into your scanner...somehow users need to know to use the frequencies listed for the Washington County site
Washington County Site Details (Omaha Regional Interoperability Network (ORION))
Site Frequencies

851.100 851.4125a 851.7625 853.425 854.7375a 856.1875a 857.1875c

FRP = Fremont Police

TG HEX TG DEC
FRP Law Disp 866 2150
FRP Law Info 867 2151
FRP Law Event 4 869 2153
FRP Law Event 5 86A 2154
FRP Law Event 6 86B 2155
FRP Law Event 7 86C 2156

FR = Shared TG

TG HEX TG DEC
FR EMA 86E 2158
FR 911 86F 2159
FR Fire-Law 878 2168

FFD = Fremont Fire

TG HEX TG DEC
FFD Fire Disp 870 2160
FFD FireGround 4 871 2161
FFD FireGround 5 872 2162
FFD FireGround 6 873 2163
FFD FireGround 7 874 2164
FFD FireGround 8 875 2165
FFD EMS Tac 2 876 2166
FFD EMS Tac 3 877 2167

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Site 15 is in the database, which everyone keeps submitting.

For RRDB aware products, it will not matter.

If using 1st generation P25 P1 compatible/manual scanners, the user will have to look at the database and determine that its Site 15 - which is pretty straight forward.

I am considering adjusting the site name, however this is a pretty common issue on trunked systems as other entities start to join and contribute to systems

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a screen shot of what you are seeing - and what you are using? Had several recent submissions showing P2 on P1 only systems. I think some software being used had a poor update/decoding issue.

Even had a
Submission for a Type 2 system stating P2...

drake2b

Do I understand correctly that the update from Radio Reference DB to the Sentinel Master HPDB this morning did make it in time to be posted for Sentinel? I was going to upload into my 536 but nowhere to be found in Sentinel after update.
I am in ID search on Orion System and have heard TAG 2150 dispatch but that has been all so far.

Thank You

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a screen shot of what you are seeing - and what you are using? Had several recent submissions showing P2 on P1 only systems. I think some software being used had a poor update/decoding issue.

Even had a
Submission for a Type 2 system stating P2...
I put what the screen was showing in my submission. IT IS PHASE 2!!!!!
There are documents you can search online saying Washington county updated their sites to Phase 2 so Fremont could use their 'site'.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Uniden pulls the database at least twice a week, unless they do a manual pull - I know they do Sunday night but I don't recall the other day they normally do it.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Also remember that after you do the "update master DB" command in the software that you "write to scanner". That gets a bunch of people as it's not a one step process but two. The software doesn't make it clear in that respect. The current downloaded database can be seen in the lower part of the screen.

scanomaha

Thank you for changing the site name for site 15- to include Dodge County.... It would be nice if all the OPPD tower sites had the "OPPD" prefix in front of them, so it would be clear that sites 2 thru 12 are OPPD only....As an example, Site 3 (Blair) is in Wash County, but that is an OPPD tower site, and not to be confused with the Washington/Dodge County (site 15).

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Washington County Simulcast

Howdy, guys!

I _can_ confirm that TGID2150 (Fremont PD 1) is running P25 Phase 2 - my 436 shows "PT0" and "PT1", which is "Phase Two [slot] 0" and "Phase Two [slot] 1".

Also, I don't at all agree with the name change - Washington County Simulcast should stay as it was. Site #15 is a "logical" site within the entire wide-area system, joined to the other parts of the system by the Zone Controllers which are running the system.

"Logical" sites are different from RF sites.

As anyone who's familiar with P25 knows, ALL of the PHYSICAL RF sites transmit / receive on the same frequencies at the same time and that's why it's called a Simulcast system. It's no different from the Douglas or Pottawattamie County Simulcast systems, as they too all use the same frequencies at each RF site.

The Fremont RF site still runs all of the same frequencies as the other RF sites in the Washington County system. It's part of "Logical" Site 15 - it does not contain it's own site number, as it's a part of the Wasington County Simulcast system.

Should we change the name of the Douglas County Simulcast system to Douglas/Washington County Simulcast, because it, too, carries Blair PD, Washington County Sheriff, and Blair School bus traffic?

Washington County should retain the name because it carries all of that county's traffic, including that from Fremont, simply because of the fact that there's an RF site - part of the Washington County Simulcast System - in Fremont.

Thoughts?

scanomaha

I have a question? lets just say I set up my scanner for Wash Co law & fire....I typically would would enter in the frequencies for the Wash /Dodge county towers (site 15)...BUT, what if I were to use Site 1 (Douglas CO.) , or maybe the OPPD site in Blair (site 3)?
I would like to know IF ALL the Wash county law and fire talkgroups (and radios that go with that system)...if they all affiliate with the the different primary control frequencies...especially all the OPPD sites?. I am only asking, because I was under the impression that only OPPD talkgroups (radios) would affiliate with the OPPD sites? I may be wrong about this...but my scanners only allow me to put in one site...or one primary control frequency.... and if that is true...by naming the towers with the OPPD prefix would help the average person trying to program their scanner for the correct talkgroups they want to monitor.

I have heard *some* radios affiliate to any tower site??? ...I do no know if this is true or not...that's why i am asking? if that is true...them someone living down in Otoe County could put in site 8, (near where they live) and listen to all the wash county law and fire traffic... if that is what they wanted to do?..... I have also heard that if a radio travels lets say from Blair to Otoe County...that radio...may or may not affiliate with all the different sites that make up the ORION system?

I would like to hear from you guys and see how that all works.....I suggested the OPPD prefix for the OPPD towers to simplify it...that's all. As far as I know...each agency...even Pott county radios stick with the Pott co site (site 14).

Also>> I have heard that the new Fremont radios have the ability to do Phase 2 (because they are newer radios) ...but since they are using the Wash county control frequency, that they are currently running Phase 2???? .... and when the wash. county radios upgrade to Phase 2 radios.. I assume they change the control frequency, or the baud rate, making it Phase 2 for that site??? Again...I am not sure how all that works.....but would like to hear from someone that knows more than an educated guess LOL :)

And what is the difference between "Logical" sites and "RF" sites? when I look at the different site numbers, I see they each have a different Primary control Frequency...and that is what the scanner locks on to, to decode the system.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
I have a question? lets just say I set up my scanner for Wash Co law & fire....I typically would would enter in the frequencies for the Wash /Dodge county towers (site 15)...BUT, what if I were to use Site 1 (Douglas CO.) , or maybe the OPPD site in Blair (site 3)?
I would like to know IF ALL the Wash county law and fire talkgroups (and radios that go with that system)...if they all affiliate with the the different primary control frequencies...especially all the OPPD sites?. I am only asking, because I was under the impression that only OPPD talkgroups (radios) would affiliate with the OPPD sites? I may be wrong about this...but my scanners only allow me to put in one site...or one primary control frequency.... and if that is true...by naming the towers with the OPPD prefix would help the average person trying to program their scanner for the correct talkgroups they want to monitor.

I don't have a problem with the OPPD Prefix - I think that's just fine and, yes, for the most part, you will only see OPPD TGs on the OPPD Sites, as this is how the people running the system have it configured.

It's also possible that some non-OPPD TGs are programmed into multiple OPPD sites. Blair and Arlington Schools have this configuration as I have heard Arlington School buses, in the Fall during HS Football season, talk back home from Falls City after the game is done. Again, it's all in how the system is setup.

I have heard *some* radios affiliate to any tower site??? ...I do no know if this is true or not...that's why i am asking? if that is true...them someone living down in Otoe County could put in site 8, (near where they live) and listen to all the wash county law and fire traffic... if that is what they wanted to do?..... I have also heard that if a radio travels lets say from Blair to Otoe County...that radio...may or may not affiliate with all the different sites that make up the ORION system?

What you wrote above _can_ happen - again, it's all in how the system is programmed and what radios are authorized to logon to which sites. NSP is a good example... In the past, I've heard Troop C HQ Dispatch on the Plattsmouth site, even though the Plattsmouth site primarily serves Troop A and HQ. Since the Troop C Trooper is apparently authorized on the Plattsmouth Site and that Troop C Dispatch TG is allowed on that same tower, the communication works without any intervention from the user.

I would like to hear from you guys and see how that all works.....I suggested the OPPD prefix for the OPPD towers to simplify it...that's all. As far as I know...each agency...even Pott county radios stick with the Pott co site (site 14).

Again, I have no problem with the OPPD prefix - just the changing of the Washington County Simulcast system name. It's a small detail, but important. And, Pott County radios probably do stay with Site 14, but if you listen to the Douglas County Simulcast system, you will a LOT of Pott County Traffic.

Also>> I have heard that the new Fremont radios have the ability to do Phase 2 (because they are newer radios) ...but since they are using the Wash county control frequency, that they are currently running Phase 2???? .... and when the wash. county radios upgrade to Phase 2 radios.. I assume they change the control frequency, or the baud rate, making it Phase 2 for that site??? Again...I am not sure how all that works.....but would like to hear from someone that knows more than an educated guess LOL :)

From what I've read, the Control Channel and baud rate (9600) is the same between Phase 1 and Phase 2 P25 traffic. Phase 2 is implemented on a TG basis, so the capability is now there and addition of radios which can talk Phase 2 will continue. The Control Channel change from the old frequency to the 857.18750 frequency is when Phase 2 became a possibility.

And what is the difference between "Logical" sites and "RF" sites? when I look at the different site numbers, I see they each have a different Primary control Frequency...and that is what the scanner locks on to, to decode the system.

This is MY distinction between Site 15 (logical) and the actual transmit/receive (RF) sites (Fremont, Fort Calhoun Station Hilltop, Telbasta, etc) in the system which all have the SAME frequencies and carry the SAME traffic, whatever that might be.

Site 15 is a designation in the P25 system Controllers which represents a group of RF channels, at multiple sites, which carry and handle the same traffic.

The Fremont RF site is simply a part of Site 15 - Washington County Simulcast. The Fremont site cannot carry different traffic than any of the other sites in the Washington County Simulcast system.

To suggest that the RF site, located in Fremont, is somehow unique from the others in the Washington County Simulcast system is like saying that the "Titan" site at I80/I480 is somehow different from the other sites in the Douglas County Simulcast system and that it could carry different traffic.

SquierStrat

hey guys. long time no talk. I read on the city of Fremonts facebook page today that their new radio system officially went live today. That is the very first ive heard about it. (shows how much ive been following scanning lately) pretty bad considering that im the live feed provider for the city of Fremont lol. Anyways, that facebook post immediately brought me here.. It seems a few of you have already identified the talkgroups being used? thats great! i saw someone mention above that they're using phase 2.. is it safe to say my bcd396xt will not monitor that? if thats the case, can someone list the handful of scanners that are capable of this? Looking in the database, i see washington county and Fremont are now sharing a site... Can anyone tell me where exactly in fremont the tower for this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.