Washington County 10-codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk213

Hi, I'm not sure how many of you listen to WCCCA. But I listen when I get a chance. I was wondering if anyone knew what 10-52 and 10-53 mean in Washington County. I know that all the 10 codes are posted around on the web, but these codes are usually different from county to county. The dispatcher always asked the police officer if he is 10-52 and the officer usually responds "I'm Affirmative." And then sometimes they say "And I am 10-53." Any help would be appreciated.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
10-52 "Are you okay?"
10-53 "Don't ask me any more"

-52 is a "Status Check". -53 says that there is no more reason for dispatchers to reset their timers.

And... even though the rest of joescanner.com is pretty stale, the Washington County 10-Codes should still be okay.

Milk213

Oh thanks joe, I didn't know you had those on your website. Oh also I wanted to ask you if those codes on your website were all the 10 codes they use?

Last edited:

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Milk213 said:
Oh thanks joe, I didn't know you had those on your website. Oh also I wanted to ask you if those codes on your website were all the 10 codes they use?

Well, the information is quite dated. It originated when WCCCA first put up their own "official" list for scanner listeners (you can find it at http://mail.wccca.com/tg.html) -- they posted that, and then I sent an e-mail to somebody there asking for the codes.

That was the list I got back.

As far as I know that list is still current and hasn't been modified.... but I don't listen to Washington County much anymore, as I live way on the other side of town now and reception is scratchy at best. Every once in a while when I know there is something "big" happening I will listen. And, of course, at work, we have Yagis attached to our emergency radios that point at Council Crest... so that makes it much easier to listen in when I'm there.

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.