Washington County Emergency Sirens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elephant

I can't tell you what frequency they use, but this example may help.

When I lived in Norfolk, PD would trigger the remote CD sirens using one of the regular voice channels. The dispatcher would key up on 39.940, then send a DTMF tone. The remotes would hear the tones and activate the correct siren sound. They tested the sirens once a month.

What you may want to try, on the day of the tests, monitor the regular PD channels. You may hear activation tones on one of them. It may be sent on a fire channel. Happy Hunting.

cm205

The OPPD warning sirens in the eastern part of the county are being dismantled, as the nuclear plant they served was decommissioned two or three years ago. The fire/civil defense sirens in the towns are run by the individual fire departments and activated by the dispatch center in Blair. I don’t know the frequency.

911jeremy

Premium Subscriber
federal signal?

If they are Federal Signal Sirens, They use either two-tone, DTMF or MSK to activate these sirens. if they are new, MSK would be the best bet to listen for. However, the data burst is so short you might not catch it unless your listening at the right moment. Usually once a day they will poll all the sirens and depending how many there are, it might take minutes or even hours.

Allan_Love_Jr

Thanks guys. Blair Dispatch still uses there 2 tone call over the Radio before the siren goes off for about 3 minutes. Blair, Kennard, Fort Calhoun, Herman and Kennard still use Fire/Rescue siren tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.