Washington County Fire & Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

Anyone know if Washington County moved 159.825 repeater or antenna?
I can get it really good now in southern Milwaukee county. I use to have to stand on a coffee can with one hand pointing to ceiling.
Now I can also get Sheriff 155.595 but not 155.250

Last edited:

washradiotech

Wash Co FD/Sheriff

The .825 repeater (know to us as 508) has not had any changes to it.

The Sheriff F1 and F2 are both at the same tower with the same power out. Your coverage should be about the same. We Simulcast on both from the S.O. but the muni's call in one and the county on the other. Cant explain what you are seeing down there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know if Washington County moved 159.825 repeater or antenna?
I can get it really good now in southern Milwaukee county. I use to have to stand on a coffee can with one hand pointing to ceiling.
Now I can also get Sheriff 155.595 but not 155.250

mkescan

I wonder if it could of been something in my Apartment building affecting some VHF, 2 units just moved out last month.
Few years ago a old computer monitor I had would actually knock out some freqs when I turned it on.

Thanks for the info.

John

I'm having trouble picking up Washington Co as well. I used to be able to hear them in Glendale just fine but now can't get Sheriff repeater 1 & 2 at all. Also Germantown used to come in pretty well and now I can hardly hear them. I thought they had switched to the digital system but I guess not.

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
not sure if it's related or not, but I've noticed that I'm getting Washington CO Sheriff 1&2 stronger than ever in Dane CO. I'm also getting the fire channels in stronger. I've always been able to copy them pretty well, but it seems stronger lately.

sfd119

I've been picking quite a few counties up a lot stronger lately, I think it's the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.