Washington County is on Omaha System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I heard talk group 2001 today on the Washington county site. I could not tell if it was Blair PD or Washington County sheriff. It definitely is a law enforcement dispatch.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Appears to be up and running quite well thus far actually. Have heard several agencies on there and talking. Will have to see how this pans out in the next couple of weeks and how well everything is launched and rolled out into the real world.

I'm actually quite impressed with the coverage at this point in time too. It could be heard West of like Hooper and Scribner. Not bad.

SCPD

QRT
I only heard this talk group. I heard it North of Scribner as well. Not a bad signal.
He's my question. Can you hear the Washington county talk groups using Douglas County's frequencies?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Seems like LE is turned on. The fire side of things is still not on the system that I have noticed. I had Washington Counties freqs programmed in, but will have to try the other way.

My question is does all the RF get hauled back to the DC 911 center to a controller and then back out or is there one seperate for Washington county? I wonder if only certain sites are turned on for certain TGIDs, or zones, while the other tower sites that know a TGID isn't needed in that zone won't be broadcast. Like the tower site in SW Omaha would probably not broadcast any WC TGIDs because unless something was going on, there shouldn't ever be a need or any WC cars in that area. I'm guessing the zone controllers turn this on and off automatically.

SCPD

QRT
The Washington county sheriff talk group can be heard using the Douglas county frequencies. Since all of the Douglas County towers is simulcasted you will hear them on all the towers.
I could hear Washington County in Sarpy county using the Douglas county frequencies.
The Fort Calhoun school district also in rebroadcasted on the Douglas county frequencies. I remember hearing that talk group in April, but thought it was OPS.
This might just be testing to see if they can have the Washington county on the Douglas frequencies. Douglas county is NOT rebroadcasted on the Washington County site.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good morning, guys!

Yep, I too have been able to monitor the WC system on quite a few occasions.

On my way home from Sioux City yesterday, I started hearing the WC system as far north on HW75 as Decatur. The Control Channel was weak there, but was getting very strong as I passed through Tekamah and Herman.

In addition to the 2001 and the Ft Calhoun groups, I've also heard 2003, but it's hard to tell what that one is. It's definitely LE, but it always seems to be user-to-user - no dispatch involved.

You guys didn't make the trip to SUX, did you? The Flea Market is getting smaller and smaller!

73's

Status
Not open for further replies.