Washington County new P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who have better RX on the WCN 800 system. My BCD996p2 is tracking on the Goat Mtn site fine and I'm hearing both WC-Fire and Clackamas Co Fire automated tapout ok, but NO other radio traffic such as additional medical information or fire info while units are enroute or arriving. Is dispatch acknowledging VERBALLY then units go enroute or arrive to calls. (Not hearing size-up info or special requests.) .
The system will only route a call to a site/zone if there is one or more radios affiliated with that zone and actively receiving that talkgroup. If no radio on a zone is monitoring that talkgroup, the call will not appear on that zone. It looks like Goat Mtn is a single frequency zone/site, so I expect traffic to be on a very limited as-needed basis on that site.

ORE007

Feed Provider
It is but with the smart system, it will only simulcast on the other system if a radio is within range on the other counties talk group and associated with a tower.

"Simulcast" in this context means more than one transmitter is transmitting on the same frequency at the same time in a given zone to increase coverage area. It does not imply that all traffic is transmitted in all zones.

The transmitters transmit on the exact same frequency to prevent heterodyne mixing. This is the bane of simulcast distortion which can make P25 reception a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.