Washington County parks Frq(s) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsender

WashCo Parks has a new park - Big Marine. So far I have seen the folks there with GMRS/FRS (lifeguards) UHF radios and VHF radios. I have checked the licensed VHF and UHF and so far nothing. I suppose I could spend the day witht he signal stalker scanner and find out... anyone have any ideas for their Parks to Base / Interpark freq ? The buildings do not have external antennas that I have found. Lets not even talk about the unsanctioned use of GMRS / FRS for Lifeguards...

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
it is my understanding that they were beginning to migrate to ARMER, but Washington county has FCC licenses all over the board so they may just be on an unidentified Washington County License.

techsender

I did quite the extensive license search and found some WashCo freqs that were not on any other database, I think I may have to just signal stalker tham - good excuse to go to the beach. I was primarily interested in the interpark stuff, they are all over the county so I suspect I should be able to hear it in Anoka County. The GMRS radio the lifeguards were carrying to talk from the stand to the building isnt too hard to figure out the channel :). I will let the group know what I find if interested. These were not ARMER radios.

n9upc

Washington County Parks have moved over to the ARMER almost 2 to 3 months ago now. They use the talkgroup called WA-PARKS and if it is an emergency and need to call Co dispatch they are instructed to use the talkgroup called WASH-911.

Not all park employees use ARMER radios as if it is just local operations they are using either business band freqs/FRS-GMRS/or the old parks channels on low power.

Hope this helps.

techsender

That helps - I was there the other day and got a good look at what the folks are carrying - the newer Motorola radios. The one time the deputies / water patrol had VHF radios and the parks admin folks had plain jane UHF handhelds. Still FRS for the lifeguards to the building.

1alpha

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What about the king stack site than has to be high enough for line of site.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
What about the king stack site than has to be high enough for line of site.

They're supposed to be switching in February now that the Afton tower went through. The length of the county is too much for the kings stack to cover. The county is quite long and needs more than one tower for effective coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.