Washington County Sheriff's Office using Service Net/City Net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
Just curious has anyone actually heard a WCSO unit talk and make requests on the Service Net/City Net channel that city departments usually use during evening times? I know thats what WCSO 2 is for but someone on twitter who listens to them all the time as well thinks they hear them making requests on that channel as well. Just curious for anyone who lives in the area and monitors as well...

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Just curious has anyone actually heard a WCSO unit talk and make requests on the Service Net/City Net channel that city departments usually use during evening times? I know thats what WCSO 2 is for but someone on twitter who listens to them all the time as well thinks they hear them making requests on that channel as well. Just curious for anyone who lives in the area and monitors as well...

Sometimes Service Net gets so backed up, units will go back to their primary net and ask for a check there instead. I'm sure WCSO 2 gets pretty busy, so it wouldn't surprise me, but I can't honestly recall hearing a county unit on there. Service Net is open between 4PM and Midnight.

Also, CityNet is from 2AM to 6AM, combining South Cities (Tigard, Tualatin, Sherwood, and King City) with Hillsboro. It's been a while since I last listened, but I believe Beaverton stays on their own net, and WCSO 1 stays the same (Sheriff, Cornelius, Forest Grove, and North Plains PD).

You may or may not have known this already. :)

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
U are full of info! I did however know all the city net/ service net switch overs.. But I'm with you, they may use service net when WCSO 2 gets backed up but I've never heard them either.. Guess I'll just have to listen more to service net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Since it's all coming out of WCCCA anyway, I don't think an SO unit occasionally popping onto the Service net would generate any headaches.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
And on an interesting note related to CityNet, Hillsboro 1 is patched to South Cities 1 this morning. All other nets are as normal.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Ya instead of switching to channel 3 (service net) they have just been patching the two nets together to create a "city net"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.