Washington County trunking system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinton

Have you been able to monitor the new trunking system that the sheriffs office and now EMS/FD have switched to in the county?

I'm trying to configure it in my PRO-97 with not much luck.

Thanks

poppafred

Last I heard, the SO was talking about going with the AWIN digital system. That was only hearsay so take it with a grain of salt. I know last trip up in November, Fayetteville is all digital for the PD, FD was still analog.

Have you checked the FCC datadase lately to see if any licenses have been modified?

chinton

I still listen to Fayetteville FD and PD with my Pro-97 on the Motorola trunked system.

When I manually listen to the various frequencies RR has for the new Washington County system, I can hear the Sheriff Office and EMS traffic and have experienced the traffic moving between frequencies. I tapped the discriminator and used LTR-Analyzer to see what it saw, but it didn't see any LTR signaling. I tuned into a known LTR system that I can scan and LTR-Analyzer saw that, so I'm pretty certain I had everything set up correctly. I'm thinking it's not a LTR Standard like the DB shows.

It's kind of strange, on one of the frequencies for the 5th site, it sometimes has traffic that sounds like telemetry that is interrupted with voice traffic. I listened to the discriminator output and didn't hear either the high or low pitched tones that seem to characterize the other LTR system I can scan.

Thanks

jdink

Its is a passport system, i typically find the strongest channel near me and monitor it only, firecomm and cems can still be heard on their old systems they are patched up. As far as FPD goes they are all analog and loosed lipped. They will be upgrading to awin soon. Also have the local DEA office ops freq if your interested really loosed lip there too.

chinton

Well at least I know now. Thanks.

I can listen to fcom and central with my pager. I was hoping to get the county again. I'll just not track it now.

poppafred

I have a check up with my neurosurgeon in Fayetteville on March 17th.

I will make it a point to take my Pro-197 along just to see what I can hear. I already have AWIN programmed in so any new talk groups will pop up right away with the wildcard monitor. I imagine it would be cheaper for the city to go AWIN than to try to install an entire new system. That takes big buck$ and they don't have that right now in this economy.

But remember, we are talking politicians....

:)

jdink

WCSO is on a passport trunking system. Its under trunked systems washington county emergency management. Hard to monitor, usally try to stick to the strongest ch and monitor it. All small town pd are on this system to.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Remember on LTR Passport, do NOT put a delay on the repeaters as they data burst every couple of seconds and youll just lock up on the one freq. There is supposed to be a trick on the PRO-96/2096 involving programming the freq as Motorola but not setting the bank to trunking that cuts the data bursts by a large percentage. I have not tried it yet as I don't have any Passport LTR systems near me to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.