Washington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please confirm that entering the 4 WC simulcast control channels will enable my scanner to pickup Calck. Co. talk groups? No need to enter the Clack. Co. site control numbers...??

I'm pretty sure that's the case, but can't test 100% until I get the cable to update the firmware of my scanner.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
NM.. answered my own questions on that one.

I couldn't resist holding a TG when I heard a police officer yelled his suspect had just jumped off the Oregon CIty bridge.. lol.. I had to see what agency it was.

Really need to get my scanner cable and download the database from RR.

DickH

NM.. answered my own questions on that one.

I couldn't resist holding a TG when I heard a police officer yelled his suspect had just jumped off the Oregon CIty bridge.. lol.. I had to see what agency it was.

Really need to get my scanner cable and download the database from RR.

Along with the cable you need a program. If you download from the database you will get loads of stuff you don't want, then you need to delete a lot. I suggest you go into the database and choose which Talk Groups you want, then copy and paste them into your program. And you don't need a Premium subscription to do that.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
Along with the cable you need a program. If you download from the database you will get loads of stuff you don't want, then you need to delete a lot. I suggest you go into the database and choose which Talk Groups you want, then copy and paste them into your program. And you don't need a Premium subscription to do that.

Yes.. I'm leaning towards Freescan since I see a of people using it. I've seen a few screen shots and it looks simple and intuitive.

Thanks for the tip-- but that's a lot of copy and pasting... Isn't there an option to only transfer to the scanner what you want?

I'm thinking of setting up a pretty elaborate system.

DickH

...Isn't there an option to only transfer to the scanner what you want? ...

I don't know, but if you have to pick and choose, it's just one more step to copy and paste it.
I don't think it's worth paying for a premium subscription just to save a little time.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
I don't know, but if you have to pick and choose, it's just one more step to copy and paste it.
I don't think it's worth paying for a premium subscription just to save a little time.

Ahhhh... I haven't investigated the situation enough to say for sure. I can picture a situation where the info you import would have a check box next to it. Check it to transfer to scanner, uncheck to leave it off scanner.

I'll report back

nautlynch

I thought the free (cut and paste) database was only a sampling of talk groups. Doesn't one have to have all the talkgroup channels together in one group, in each category, in order track most conversations?

I'm thinking i'm missing talkgroups - that is why i'm getting a lot of one way calls.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
You wouldn't miss out on many conversations your currently listening to because of missing talk groups. You'd only miss out if the people in the conversation switched channels

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo using Tapatalk

nautlynch

So it doesn't matter if half the police talk group is in the correct group and the other half from the same precinct is grouped along with fire, train, etc..? I sure get a lot of interruptions and much is one-way.

DickH

So it doesn't matter if half the police talk group is in the correct group and the other half from the same precinct is grouped along with fire, train, etc..? I sure get a lot of interruptions and much is one-way.

If your scanner is "trunking:|", it will follow a conversation on a Talk Group. If you are only getting parts of conversations, your scanner in NOT trunking. If you need help to correct your problem you should start a new thread.

pdxrealtor

Premium Subscriber
So it turns out, using the Freescan software and RR database found here- Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg Trunking System, Various, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies , that copy and paste works well. So well that I didn't even have the urge to try and use the premium paid method.

I'd be curious what the procedure is using the premium paid import/freescan combo. After playing with things last night the one thing I'd like is the ability to see what TGIDs I have on my scanner vs. what TGIDs I don't. Example: I had to printout the database, and make pen marks as to what talkgroups I had put on the scanner and what I'd skipped.

I'd gladly pay the 15.00 to get rid of the pen/paper. For me it's all about convenience.

Thanks, Dick, for the copy/past tip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.