Washington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
Can someone fix the freqs for Washington County public safety. They all show red and I think some are voice channels and possibly one or two control channels. I am looking for the control channel. Thanks.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If it is a Harris built system then this would be correct as any channel can be assigned as a control channel. Remember that any channel in the system that is not the ACTIVE control channel at that time can be used for voice. I think they rotate regularly as well on Harris systems but it has been a while since I followed one.

Motorola built systems typically have a designated Primary control channel (which would be shown as blue) and 1-3 Alternate Control Channels (shown as blue). Motorola systems typically do not use the Alternate for voice channels unless and until all of the voice-ony channels (shown in black text) are busy. If you follow a system with Pro96Com or Unitrunker and watch the hit counts you will see that the Alternate channels have a much lower incidence of use than the the Voice only channels on a Motorola system. On Harris systems the hit counts are more evenly spread out.

wirr

Database Admin
154.9875 has usually been the control channel, but Rich is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.