Washington, DC - D.C. emergency radio communication system shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQguy

Meh
A simple 800 or 900 Mhz system With only the basic PTT and ID system is all your need, Me I personaly perferd the Convetional System Not Trunking

Do me a favor and call a frequency coordinator, then ask them how many frequencies on any public safety band are available in this area. Then be sure to post the results. :wink:

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I know how many frequencies it would take to supply the city I did the math. Thats why a Simple Trunking system would do with a general fail safe tower and assign frequency.

box23

The FD 800mhz system has five locations. FCC Callsign KNJA391 Details
The MPD 460mhz system has six locations FCC Callsign WPYM761 Details
Three of the locations have both.

Those licenses only cover half of the system. It took me a while to figure out there was more to it, too.

Somebody should check the RR / FCC tower data. Both systems have 10 colocated sites. Also, the DCFD system could not be patched to anything while it was down. The users merely selected a different zone in the subscribers.

As I said before there are actually 11 sites. Ten sites are co-located, the 11th has only fire & EMS 850 MHz equipment. This is going by the licenses, the 11th site might not be used in the system but licensed anyway.

Since I forgot to provide these before, here are the licenses for all of the sites:

These are the 460 MHz Law Enforcement Simulcast
WPYM761
WPYN833

These are the 850 MHz Fire & EMS Simulcast
KNJA391
KNJE616
KNJU834
WPXT459
WPYD604

If you look really close you can see that there are 10 sites, and each has 460 and 850 MHz frequencies licensed. Then there is the 11th site that only has 850 MHz. I actually centered the maps on a certain point, took screen shots, and opened them all in GIMP, overlapping them. Then using the transparency tool I was able to see the co-located sites, 10 total, and the extra 11th site.

ResQguy

Meh
There is no 11th site. License be damned, there is no 11th site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.