Premium Subscriber

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
looks like the gun ban in DC is working out as planned :roll:

City Murder rates: 25 years after DC's ban

Washington DC-- 46.4 per 100,0001
Arlington, VA-- 2.1 per 100,0002
(Arlington is just across the river from D.C.)

Total VA metropolitan area-- 6.1 per 100,0003

Washington, D.C.: A Case Study In The Failure Of Gun Control

Good point, but when the alleged assailant is reported to have used a weapon that is illegal in every state- does it matter?

dwlyons

Reading several news articles, it was so comforting to learn that this was in the indicted councilman, convicted drug user, and former mayor, Marion Barry's ward. Trash always hangs together and SE is a total dump.

In so far as the Dysfunctional Capital which has been controlled by the liberal left for as long as I can remember, refuses to institute the death penalty, even though it is controlled by the US Government which does have the death penalty. As a result the town is lawless.

This shooting appears to be a retaliatory attach for another murder several days before which was the result of a bracelet.

These street thugs are killing each other off and I can't see a problem. If the current system is working, don't screw with it. It’s just a shame there is collateral damage, but it happens.

pogbobo

Good point, but when the alleged assailant is reported to have used a weapon that is illegal in every state- does it matter?

the point I was trying to make was that when you take guns away from law abiding citizens you give the criminals the advantage... criminals who could care leas if their weapons are legal or not, most of the time they are not of course.. but it's a moot point when it is unlawful for a felon to even be in posession of any firearm

and fwiw most ak47 replicas that fire semi auto are perfectly legal

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
the point I was trying to make was that when you take guns away from law abiding citizens you give the criminals the advantage... criminals who could care leas if their weapons are legal or not, most of the time they are not of course.. but it's a moot point when it is unlawful for a felon to even be in posession of any firearm

and fwiw most ak47 replicas that fire semi auto are perfectly legal

You make a good point. but who said it was only semi-auto? Having worked as a medic in this city for a long time I am pretty darn sure there are full auto weapons being used every day round these parts. Unless of course the drive-by on the front ramp of my firehouse a few years back was a dream while I was sitting on the front ramp? Don't think for a moment I am defending the asinine gun laws in our fair city. If I could legally carry on my way to & from work, I would- but we have to be the example not the exception. Anyway, I do still feel terrible that four people lost their lives over such a trivial issue as a missing bracelet. And now we find out a fourteen year old was the alleged getaway driver???

Status
Not open for further replies.